the Liberty future | The Boneyard

the Liberty future

Reaction Score

This is the Liberty Future Football Schedule. Mix in Clemson, BC, Indiana, Purdue. And that is largely our possibility set. And they apparently not playing FCS.

#whatsinmyhead

I see meager reasons for years of playing SMU or Tulane or Houston or Tulsa or Memphis. No interest in the just raised FCS programs in WKU, MTU. Keep playing Georgia schools & Florida schools for kids and maybe SC if we are getting recruits. All the focus should be Virginia north - and build that fanbase.

pffffft

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Eastern Conference

UConn
UMass
Army
Buffalo
Temple
Navy
Marshall
ODU
Liberty
Ohio
Villanova - need to upgrade
Delaware - need to upgrade

There’s 12. Pick 8 for a regional conference.

I wish it would work, but I don’t see it happening.

Reaction Score
View attachment 44116
Mix in Clemson, BC, Indiana, Purdue. And that is largely our possibility set.
Do those teams stick if Uconn is independent? They fit on their schedules when the conferences deemed Uconn as a P5 eligible game. Does Uconn maintain that designation as an independent?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
You people better get used to playing New Mexico and New Mexico State on a regular basis. Because its happening.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Never want to be affiliated with Liberty... those guys have some pretty crazy views.

I think scheduling games against P5 will be easier without being part of the AAC. We schedule the money games as later so these teams can have a break. UMass becomes our last game of the year or BYU if can.

I have a feeling that FOX will help out to get this done sooner then later.

Drew

Reaction Score
Never want to be affiliated with Liberty... those guys have some pretty crazy views.

I think scheduling games against P5 will be easier without being part of the AAC. We schedule the money games as later so these teams can have a break. UMass becomes our last game of the year or BYU if can.

I have a feeling that FOX will help out to get this done sooner then later.

Your bolded statement literally could not be further from the truth, unless you are talking strictly money games, then sure because theoretically we have more availability. UMass played @ UGA last year- that could be fun. But once these already scheduled home and home series are done I wouldn’t count on seeing any P5’s at the Rent in the future. In fact- I’d bet some or most of the existing ones are either converted or cancelled all together.

Reaction Score
Your bolded statement literally could not be further from the truth, unless you are talking strictly money games, then sure because theoretically we have more availability. UMass played @ UGA last year- that could be fun. But once these already scheduled home and home series are done I wouldn’t count on seeing any P5’s at the Rent in the future. In fact- I’d bet some or most of the existing ones are either converted or cancelled all together.

This is why I think Independence is just one step in the process of eventually killing the program altogether.

Drew

Reaction Score
The other conversation that needs to die is this idea that playing Liberty, New Mexico, New Mexico State, Wofford, and Villanova at home is somehow equal to the schedules we’re playing now. Games against Memphis, ECU, UCF, USF, Cincinnati, Houston, SMU, etc in football are 500x better than playing any of the teams we’ll be associated with moving forward.

New Mexico State’s home schedule in 2020 is:

Akron
Texas State
New Mexico
Louisiana
Texas Southern

That’s a hint as to what is to come.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score

I meant pure money games being offered to the football gods to be slaughtered

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom