The Liberty and Eurobasketball | The Boneyard

The Liberty and Eurobasketball

Reaction Score
I'm wondering what the point of following The Liberty (some other WNBA teams as well) is when four of its players, two of whom are very key to its success (Amanda Zahui B and Bria Hartley) are now playing overseas. Kia Stokes and Marine Johannes have yet to see NYC. Johannes is interesting since she is a prolific scorer for the French National Team and Stokes is a defensive presence. At a time when the team has shown some signs of life, their roster and ability to score are now significantly weakened. I enjoy watching Charles, Nurse, and Durr in action but are they supposed to hold down the fort until the cavalry arrives? It certainly seems that way. I understand why players go play overseas, but at the same time it seems a disservice to the fan as selfish as that may sound. If the Liberty or any other WNBA squad can't put its best competitive team on the floor, you're left rooting for individuals, which can be still be a reason to watch I guess, but is hardly as satisfying as rooting for a team.

Reaction Score
I'm wondering what the point of following The Liberty (some other WNBA teams as well) is when four of its players, two of whom are very key to its success (Amanda Zahui B and Bria Hartley) are now playing overseas. Kia Stokes and Marine Johannes have yet to see NYC. Johannes is interesting since she is a prolific scorer for the French National Team and Stokes is a defensive presence. At a time when the team has shown some signs of life, their roster and ability to score are now significantly weakened. I enjoy watching Charles, Nurse, and Durr in action but are they supposed to hold down the fort until the cavalry arrives? It certainly seems that way. I understand why players go play overseas, but at the same time it seems a disservice to the fan as selfish as that may sound. If the Liberty or any other WNBA squad can't put its best competitive team on the floor, you're left rooting for individuals, which can be still be a reason to watch I guess, but is hardly as satisfying as rooting for a team.
If the WNBA teams were to get tough and give their players an ultimatum to prioritize the W or else, then it would be "or else" - at least for the stars (and not just the stars - the missing players you mentioned aren't really WNBA stars). As Diana has said, the WNBA is basically a summer rec league.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom