The legacy of Geno Auriemma | The Boneyard

The legacy of Geno Auriemma

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
HARTFORD COURANT | JAN 22, 2020 | 12:56 PM

"A reader weighs in on to the state of the future of women’s basketball. Also: America as the supreme entity; wanting the truth during the impeachment trial
The legacy of Geno Auriemma -
While reading a piece in The Courant [Jan. 18, Sports, “Geno Auriemma calls out UConn women’s critics: ‘Why do I have to answer why we’re not winning by enough?’”] I had to chuckle because most who call the Lady Huskies their team, eventually knew this was coming: Questions on why Coach Geno Auriemma’s team is finding itself in competitive games. What is happening to the dynasty? Are we witnessing the end of an era?"

Reaction Score
Good Lord. Many Fans and non-fans are delusional when it comes to UConn women’s basketball.

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
Geno's in a no win situation. When he wins too many games and by too large of a margin, he's raked over the coals. Now, he's in a situation with close games and probably multiple losses in a single season, and he's raked over the coals.
Those who have level heads (I try to be in this category) and understand the pendulum swings both ways, just support the staff and team with what ever results that come about. It's a game, after all. Our team's entertainment value is priceless. Please, let's not lose focus and demand more than a reasonable result. The question is; is it reasonable to demand championships every year? I'm thinking WHY NOT? :rolleyes: :):rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom