The Leftovers | The Boneyard

The Leftovers

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
The lack of a thread about this show (and this season has been great) has me a little scared that ratings arent higg enough for HBO to renew.

Anyone watching?

Reaction Score
Love it. Season two is more interesting than I expected. Very well written and acted.

August_West

Reaction Score
J187Money said:
Love it. Season two is more interesting than I expected. Very well written and acted.

Yeah I didn't know how they were going to continue since the entire book it's based on was completed in season 1. But it's been even better I think.

Reaction Score
I watch The Leftovers before I watch The Walking Dead now. It's that good. I love the music and the Lost-like qualities of the show but not so much the flashbacks.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Such a great show. It's chess to the Walking Dead's checkers.

I'm almost positive HBO is going to cancel it - they tend to do that to me.

August_West

Reaction Score
Such a great show. It's chess to the Walking Dead's checkers.

I'm almost positive HBO is going to cancel it - they tend to do that to me.

Thats my fear. Yeah Sunday is quite a conundrum. Thank god for DVRs that can record multiple shows. My wifes favorite has always been walking dead.I can take it or leave it. But its a fine show. But we really like Homeland and Leftovers too So every Sunday we watch one of the shows live and the other two on DVR but only make it through 2 out of the 3. Well there has been a interesting metamorphosis this season. We went from Walking Dead being the primary to not even watching it until sometime mid week when we have time. We watch leftovers "live" and then Homeland right after (which has been great this season as well). Excellent stuff.

August_West

Reaction Score
Wow, just got to the finale last night. Very excellent season. Would love to see it comeback. The ending kinda tied a bow on it if it doesnt though.

Reaction Score
'The Leftovers' renewed for third and FINAL season
Courtesy of James Hibberd on Twitter. (Entertainment Tonight)

Reaction Score
I like the show, but my wife despises it. Have to find time to watch it when she's not around.

Reaction Score
It's all going to hinge on the last season, but this might turn out to be one of the greatest WTF shows of all time. Just finished the second season. Can't wait for the next. So crazy, baffling and awesome.

Reaction Score
A bunch of people told me to watch it and I watched about 5 episodes and never went back to it. Not really sure what so great about the show. Might have to try picking it back up when I have free time.

Reaction Score
Great show, great acting, great script, great story line. Also, it's completely insane. Which is great.

Reaction Score
Just finished a marathon to finish season 2 and all I can say is WTF. Moments of brilliance but also kind of annoyed me the last few episodes. The acting is fantastic, highlighted by Carrie Coon and her brother Matt the preacher on the show, his real name escapes me. The show is just so much more enjoyable when the Guilty Remnants aren't around and I don't find Liv Tyler's character believable at all. At times I love it but other times it's just too much. Also I'm shocked people still watch The Walking Dead, that show became so tedious.

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
Given that they can't ever actually come out and explain anything, I think they're doing a great job of keeping it fresh and I'm glad they're going to end it because you can't stretch a show like this without a significant drop in quality.

Quick shout out to the guy doing the score. The main piano theme, and the cover of "Where is My Mind" are awesome, speaking of which....I laughed out loud at the Mark Lynn-Baker plot point coming back again, especially the piano rendition of the theme, peak Leftovers.

Reaction Score
Given that they can't ever actually come out and explain anything, I think they're doing a great job of keeping it fresh and I'm glad they're going to end it because you can't stretch a show like this without a significant drop in quality.

Quick shout out to the guy doing the score. The main piano theme, and the cover of "Where is My Mind" are awesome, speaking of which....I laughed out loud at the Mark Lynn-Baker plot point coming back again, especially the piano rendition of the theme, peak Leftovers.

The opening theme music made me laugh out loud. I just have a high appreciation of the quality of this show.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Right now, I think it's the best show on television.

It's also off the wall.

They had Mark Linn-Baker come back to play Mark Linn-Baker and it worked.

Reaction Score
The opening theme music made me laugh out loud. I just have a high appreciation of the quality of this show.

For the season 3 opener? I had to watch it 3 times - wow.

Reaction Score
Mark Linn-Baker and the Wu? In the same episode? Wtf. I want some of whatever the writers are smoking. ;)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
For the season 3 opener? I had to watch it 3 times - wow.

Did the opener even have theme music?

The second episode's theme was puzzling as hell for a little while...

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
It did not. I was on the lookout for it because the 1st to 2nd season shift was so jarring I was wondering what they were going to do with it from 2 to 3.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom