The leading scorer in the WNBA so far is ... | The Boneyard

The leading scorer in the WNBA so far is ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Maya Moore, averaging 22.25 points over her first 4 games. Ivory Latta is second. Then Seimone, Tina, Shavonte Zellous, EDD, Diana, Kara Lawson, Catch, and Angel.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Maya Moore, averaging 22.25 points over her first 4 games. Ivory Latta is second. Then Seimone, Tina, Shavonte Zellous, EDD, Diana, Kara Lawson, Catch, and Angel.
Maya Moore MVP! Love seeing Latta and Zellous in there. Some new names is great!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Granted the returns at this point are 'Dixville Notch-like' but the leader for ROY is EDD in imo.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
With Prince out EDD is almost a certainty as she is option 1 in their offense. She should put up some big numbers over the next month. BG will be option 3 or 4 in Phoenix so unless she has some spectacular defensive play her chances are slim.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Dixville Notch (where I spent my honeymoon) had a fairly good track record, I think.

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score
Dixville Notch (where I spent my honeymoon) had a fairly good track record, I think.

The opening hole at their "executive" golf course, if I recall correctly, was pretty spectacular .... about 350 yards out and about 350 feet down.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
The interesting thing is that EDD is 2nd in blocks atm behind Parker. Still early but....I thought it's interesting.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
After tonight, it could well be Tina Charles! Monster night of 30 points... Not sure how much that pushes her up the ladder tho...

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Phil...I'm impressed with your choice of honeymoon spot. Did you stay at the hotel with the record-breaking porch? Let's see...with Polly's athleticism I bet you dabbled on the tennis courts ...[and golf course?]

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
After tonight, it could well be Tina Charles! Monster night of 30 points... Not sure how much that pushes her up the ladder tho...
Well, it's Maya at 22.3 ppg and Tina next at 21.6. Boy if those two ever got a chance to play together, they might win a few championships. Oh wait, that would be deja vu all over again.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Well, it's Maya at 22.3 ppg and Tina next at 21.6. Boy if those two ever got a chance to play together, they might win a few championships. Oh wait, that would be deja vu all over again.

But last night was Tina's first good shooting night. Maya is way ahead in FG%.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
What was Tina before last night? She has not been nearly as consistent.

You said Maya is, not was "way ahead." Tina has now played 5 games. Maybe she needed a few games to regain her shooting touch. There's a lot of basketball to be played.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
You said Maya is, not was "way ahead." Tina has now played 5 games. Maybe she needed a few games to regain her shooting touch. There's a lot of basketball to be played.

Tina had one good FG shooting percentage game that skewed her season efficiency. So you are right, one game pulled up her shooting percentage. Her poor shooting percentage in the previous games probably contributed to CT's 1-3 start. Maya has been consistent game in and game out, thus, IMO, would garner more votes for MVP.

Unfortunately, shooting 13 of 17 in one game only gets you one win and doesn't reflect your overall play for the season.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Tina had one good FG shooting percentage game that skewed her season efficiency. So you are right, one game pulled up her shooting percentage. Her poor shooting percentage in the previous games probably contributed to CT's 1-3 start. Maya has been consistent game in and game out, thus, IMO, would garner more votes for MVP.

Unfortunately, shooting 13 of 17 in one game only gets you one win and doesn't reflect your overall play for the season.

Five games don't reflect overall play for a season either. Tina is a career 48% FG shooter and I suspect she'll end this season around her career average.

Tina is in her 4th WNBA season and has averaged a double-double in each of her first 3 seasons. She's been an All-Star and has already won an MVP. She also won gold as the starting center on the Olympic team. Yet, after just 5 games this season, you seem eager to find fault with her game. I don't understand why you feel a need to do that.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Five games don't reflect overall play for a season either. Tina is a career 48% FG shooter and I suspect she'll end this season around her career average.

Tina is in her 4th WNBA season and has averaged a double-double in each of her first 3 seasons. She's been an All-Star and has already won an MVP. She also won gold as the starting center on the Olympic team. Yet, after just 5 games this season, you seem eager to find fault with her game. I don't understand why you feel a need to do that.

I don't need to find fault with her game. I was pointing out Maya's advantage in MVP voting. I think Tina is an incredible player who had a slow start to the season offensively, at least in terms of FG %.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I don't need to find fault with her game. I was pointing out Maya's advantage in MVP voting. I think Tina is an incredible player who had a slow start to the season offensively, at least in terms of FG %.
Didn't your mama tell you.....it's to what you say, it's how you say it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom