The last time we beat a top 25 team on the road... | The Boneyard

The last time we beat a top 25 team on the road...

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
At #17 Memphis Jan 18th, 2014. We are 0-9 in true road games vs top 25 teams since.

Other top 25 road wins since 2009-10?

At #3 Villanova Feb 15th 2010
At #12 Texas Jan 8th 2011
At #17 Notre Dame Jan 12th 2013

Winning on the road against ranked teams has been a rare accomplishment for our program over the past decade. A win on Saturday would be HUGE and could be a chance to make a statement heading back to the BE next year. Lets see if they can get it done!

Reaction Score
Does anyone notice that all of our beat writers constantly tweet horrible stats like this before every game? They seem to enjoy the few recent horrible years we’ve had for some reason.

I’m not saying that about you, McLovin! This would be such a massive win against Villanova that it could swing the whole season.

Reaction Score
Does anyone notice that all of our beat writers constantly tweet horrible stats like this before every game? They seem to enjoy the few recent horrible years we’ve had for some reason.

I’m not saying that about you, McLovin! This would be such a massive win against Villanova that it could swing the whole season.
I could tell you the reason for this. It would bring political issues into play and I can’t stand politics.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
...I had a lot less gray hair. :D

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Even in the best of times over the past decade (championship seasons) wining road games against ranked teams has been tough to do. Didn't mean this as a knock on the program, just pointing out how big of an accomplishment it would be if we can get this done!

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
It shouldn't matter where they play. They wear the same jerseys, use the same ball, court and hoop dimensions no matter what. Its all mental.

Reaction Score
Even in the best of times over the past decade (championship seasons) wining road games against ranked teams has been tough to do. Didn't mean this as a knock on the program, just pointing out how big of an accomplishment it would be if we can get this done!
As the Blues Brothers said they were on a "Mission from God". Except this one will take an "Act of God".

Reaction Score
Getting Jobbed on the road is norm today
Forget winning in the AAC , it is so badly officiated,beating anyone on the road is difficult.
The old BE especially for bigger games had the best officiating. That makes those games more winnable.
The last time we played a non conference road game against a ranked opponent was 2017-18
With the least talented team we had in 20 year .
We played down in Tucson on the way back from Oregon. I’m not sure if they were ranked but close. They were overrated. (We also played at Auburn but they were a real good team. )
Adams played 40 minutes and drove all game getting hammered frequently but by some miracle never shot a foul shot. Amazingly that team with Gilbert possibly gets the win even playing with Pina County rules.

Reaction Score
It shouldn't matter where they play. They wear the same jerseys, use the same ball, court and hoop dimensions no matter what. Its all mental.

This is incredibly naive or at least simplistic.

"It's only mental" is great for things you can control, but not so much for things like adrenaline of the other team, the influence of crowds on refs, or time zone crossing bio rhythms.

Reaction Score
It
It's a bonus to be playing at home. Makes it hard for any road team - ranked or unranked

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
I've had my fill of "no moral victories" moral victories this year...I'm ready for the real thing!

Reaction Score
Win out the schedule beating the three ranked teams that we have yet to play, and we're in the tourney.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Its sad that this has to be explained. Also traveling doesn't help, foreign locker rooms, court, etc... Makes me wonder if my wife is the real @UConn_Top_Dog.

Yes the environment of playing on the road is distracting. But mentally tough teams stay composed no matter where they play. And seeing our team's decision making at the end of games, we are not mentally tough enough to stay focused. We are almost there... "it's coming". But being on the road should not be an excuse.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is incredibly naive or at least simplistic.

"It's only mental" is great for things you can control, but not so much for things like adrenaline of the other team, the influence of crowds on refs, or time zone crossing bio rhythms.

And it's not even true. Home team provides the balls, and the brand varies team to team. Home team rims are tighter or looser, and sight lines in some gyms require adjustments. It may not be baseball level differences, but there are differences.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Remember when we were down 18 to Nova and Shabazz flipped the switch?? Those are the memories that keep me going.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom