The last off. possession showed Jalen was born to be a baller and leader | The Boneyard

The last off. possession showed Jalen was born to be a baller and leader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
On UConn's last offensive position (not counting the one where they just ran out the remaining time). Jalen brought the ball up the court. No he didn't score nor did he get an assist. What he did was he found Rodney Purvis, gave him the balled and jogged by him and told him something along the lines of "its all you" or "bury this shot." Rodney proceeded to milk the clock and then buried his 4th straight 3.

It showed me that Jalen is very aware of whats going on in the game. He acknowledged that Rodney was hot, and gave deference to his senior teammate and captain. Jalen knew that this was a confidence boosting game and tournament for Rodney. Jalen essentially put the team on his back the past 3 halves but deferred on the last shot to the senior captain to let Purvis know that this is his team as well and that they are going to need a confident Rodney Purvis going forward.

With the stats that Jalen is putting up, his athleticism, and his natural feel for the game, this guy is going to be a special player. I am looking forward to tomorrow's game with Jalen as our leader, he is not done yet at Maui.

Reaction Score
At the time I had been thinking he knew he was 1 rebound away from a triple-double and went down low for the potential board. I like your version better, and it was a great gesture.

Reaction Score
At the time I had been thinking he knew he was 1 rebound away from a triple-double and went down low for the potential board. I like your version better, and it was a great gesture.
"There is one man on this team I know I can count on to miss a three... dammit he can't even do that right!"

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
LOL, and that's just so wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads