The last KenPom top 100 team we beat by more than 20 was... | The Boneyard

The last KenPom top 100 team we beat by more than 20 was...

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
90F22C59-E358-4689-9179-E6812405483E.png
plenty more chances too. A single game against a 100+ team (106) and three games not quad A or B. This is what being a big boy looks like.

Reaction Score
With 3 straight away games approaching we will truly see how good we are. Albeit games to Marquette, Butler, and Providence are much easier traveled than games to SMU, Houston, and Tulsa. True tests are coming. All are winnable but Marquette will be tough records aside. They will have twice as many games played as the good guys.

Reaction Score
Some of you guys are just insane. We’re back because we beat a dreadful DePaul team, who btw has basically been shut down until this Week. Being back means whipping the likes of Creighton and Villanova, not beating awful teams that get overrated because of who they play not who they beat.

Reaction Score
Some of you guys are just insane. We’re back because we beat a dreadful DePaul team, who btw has basically been shut down until this Week. Being back means whipping the likes of Creighton and Villanova, not beating awful teams that get overrated because of who they play not who they beat.
USC is ahead of us in KENPOM so I would rate that a good win.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We still have some issues to work thru on offense, getting a healthy Akok Akok back will help with interior defense, but I can see us winning 14-16 games easy.

Reaction Score
Creighton just went on an 18-2 run in 5 minutes to take the lead at Providence, hitting 3's from all over the place. That we held them to 66 points in regulation is incredible.

What a huge missed opportunity.
That three to end the half was wild.

Reaction Score
Creighton just went on an 18-2 run in 5 minutes to take the lead at Providence, hitting 3's from all over the place. That we held them to 66 points in regulation is incredible.

What a huge missed opportunity.
Yup, that game will haunt me for the rest of the season until I see Connecticut on the big board on Selection Sunday.

Reaction Score
People act like we're already in the Tournament and that this game was, like, the difference between a 5 seed and a 7 seed.

There is absolutely no guarantee that we're into anything.
Poster said "until i see Uconn on the big board selection sunday", indicating that until our name is called, no one is assuming we are in. We have no reason to assume we are in, we have been terrible for 5 years and we are finally starting to look good. That creighton win would have given us a nice resume builder for selection sunday. Now we just have to go out and continue to win these tough big east games.

Reaction Score
People act like we're already in the Tournament and that this game was, like, the difference between a 5 seed and a 7 seed.

There is absolutely no guarantee that we're into anything.
You misunderstood. Typical message board misunderstanding. That game was a big missed opportunity. I'm saying I won't let the disappointment of that game go until UConn is in the tournament. If they don't make it in then I will still be mad about that game and that game might have been the difference between making it in and not.

Reaction Score
Poster said "until i see Uconn on the big board selection sunday", indicating that until our name is called, no one is assuming we are in. We have no reason to assume we are in, we have been terrible for 5 years and we are finally starting to look good. That creighton win would have given us a nice resume builder for selection sunday. Now we just have to go out and continue to win these tough big east games.
O.K. you understood what I posted. I guess I wasn't clear enough because someone else didn't.

Reaction Score
You misunderstood. Typical message board misunderstanding. That game was a big missed opportunity. I'm saying I won't let the disappointment of that game go until UConn is in the tournament. If they don't make it in then I will still be mad about that game and that game might have been the difference between making it in and not.

No no, quite the opposite. I was agreeing with you and subtweeting everyone else who seems to be taking the Tournament for granted.

Reaction Score
DePaul may be a “dreadful” Big East team but if they were in the AAC they’d be a middle of the pack, “solid” opponent.

We should and will continue to feel pumped anytime we beat any Big East team by 20.
Lol. DePaul would be a middle of the pack Team in a low mid major conference. Awful untalented. Mark Aguirre is long gone. The only reason they ate top 100 is because of the sos component in all these programs. Put them in the A10 with this team and they are lucky to be top 135

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom