The last BET just started...and it just hit me | The Boneyard

The last BET just started...and it just hit me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
still can't believe the last tourney is being held without us. if we won, they could have just given the runner up the automatic bid.

Reaction Score
Im guessing their reasoning had a lot to do with the fact that a bunch of teams enter the BET on the bubble and need 2 or 3 games to solidify their tourney bid and didn't want a team that couldn't get there playing in the tournament and messing that up.

I still think its a punk move by all of the schools to keep UConn out when they let Syracuse play back in the early 90's when they were ineligible, but oh well.

Reaction Score
WTF is Cincy wearing vs PC? This funky uniform craze is getting ridiculous.

Reaction Score
Yup, it's bizarre. This is normally such an exciting time to be living in NYC!

Although I will say that the last 4 years have been pretty strange as a Uconn fan, both in good and bad ways.

I keep finding myself wanting to check the schedule and scores and then when I get there, I get the hell outta there.

There are drops of hopefulness heading into next year, with Ollie and the new practice facility and the belief that Uconn will get out of the Great American Hero Conference.

But it still stinks.

The only thing to hope for this year are upsets, upsets, upsets.

Reaction Score
Im guessing their reasoning had a lot to do with the fact that a bunch of teams enter the BET on the bubble and need 2 or 3 games to solidify their tourney bid and didn't want a team that couldn't get there playing in the tournament and messing that up.

I still think its a punk move by all of the schools to keep UConn out when they let Syracuse play back in the early 90's when they were ineligible, but oh well.
You know i thought about that too. But if that really was the case for keeping UConn out, why let us play our 18 game Big East schedule if we were just going to "steal wins from tournament eligible teams". Thats why thats a BS excuse.

Reaction Score
Is Ed Cooley's job in danger?

6 points in 13 minutes.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
I went to the games last night with a friend who had free tickets. The crowd was small and the basketball was lousy but the bands were great, especially DePaul's with its jazzy style. It was worth a free ticket to have a hotdog and a couple of overpriced beers and listen to the music while ignoring the games.

Reaction Score
I am in a good place. I realize that there no longer is a BE so I really do not care about the BET this year. It is a joke all around- there is no such thing as a BET without UCONN and there are only two BE teams in the BET this year- the rest are my new favorite teams to route against. Dook is going to have a run for it's money in the ACC as far as who I like the least. Hard to say this but I can EASILY see myself routing for Dook over Pitt (scum) and Quse.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Is Ed Cooley's job in danger?

6 points in 13 minutes.
Maybe they'll turn it around, but it looks a little like his last Fairfield team in their conference tournament. Down 41-15 at halftime or something.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
UConn5 said:

You know i thought about that too. But if that really was the case for keeping UConn out, why let us play our 18 game Big East schedule if we were just going to "steal wins from tournament eligible teams". Thats why thats a BS excuse.

I agree with it being BS. A loss to UConn wouldn't be a bad loss and would be a good win. Without UConn in, both SJU and Cincy lose an extra win against a bottom feeder and PeeCee loses a chance to take another crack at UConn.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Going to Brooklyn on Friday instead.Gonna enjoy SLU, Butler and #Havoc, pay a lot less, and not be surrounded by d-bags.

Reaction Score
It is amazing how many time UConn beats a team that had been on a roll and they subsequently go into a funk
Season on the line against us and now, and PC lays an egg. Very fitting way for PC to go out.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
I have to say, reading Pee Cee game thread was good entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom