The knot in my stomach... | The Boneyard

The knot in my stomach...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anticipation: (Cue Carly Simon)
It usually happens on Game Day. That feeling of focus that nothing but kickoff will alleviate. It arrived 3 days early. It will build to a crescendo until, at gametime, I'll be ready to explode. Anyone else get the feeling?

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I've been building towards crescendo since Friday. Or, as I like to call it, I've had a half-chub for days.

Reaction Score
mikedog10 said:
I've been building towards crescendo since Friday. Or, as I like to call it, I've had a half-chub for days.

Keep that thing in your pants when you come pick up your tickets. ;)

Reaction Score
Couldn't get out of a rehearsal dinner on Friday (I guess the best man should go). A free extra available (234) for anyone who wants to pick it up in the Southington area.

Reaction Score
Anticipation: (Cue Carly Simon)
It usually happens on Game Day. That feeling of focus that nothing but kickoff will alleviate. It arrived 3 days early. It will build to a crescendo until, at gametime, I'll be ready to explode. Anyone else get the feeling?

I am with you bro! Can't wait for kick off. Psyched!

Reaction Score
I've got a half day tomorrow and Thursday off to prepare, mentally. (i.e., drink.)

Kidding. I'm just going to Six Flags Thursday. But I will be there at 3pm sharp for Friday READY TO GO.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I'm excited and nervous. It's a big game for us. In a strange way it feels like our first game as a 1A team. It's got that new beginning feel. Given how we finished (against crappy opponents) last year, I can't help but be optimistic. I think a competent coach gets us a couple more wins across the whole season. I read how the team is reacting to all the changes and I get more excited. Then I see the point spread of UC +16.5 and it kicks me in the "artists formerly known as the family jewels". It grounds me back to Earth and I have no clue what to expect. At minimum I want to see a good showing, especially for the national TV audience. I would pay extra for a win. I would love that kind of reward for the players and momentum going forward.
I see nervous times ahead for me sitting in the 2nd or 3rd row of 240. I think I'll follow the advice of Bluto from Animal House and "drink heavily". See you all at 3 in the blue lot.

Reaction Score
Work week is only 2 more days for me, and I'm going to do everything I can to stay focused on that from here out. Nervous pee breaks are expected. Just know, that I woke up this morning and for a few moments, I was thinking it was Wednesday. I was pissed when I realized it's Tuesday. Can't wait to wake up on Friday morning.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Piling on the packing checklist, making sure all the stuff is set... Logistics are the key to winning the tailgate!

Reaction Score
Always coming off of our anniversary vacation for the opening game helps pass the time. It will be tough to be there when the tailgating opens this year coming from Hershey but it won't be much after. I've seen one guy walking around the hotel in UConn gear here, and politely reminded the staff at the park that if they're going to give away basketballs as prizes with schools logos on them it would be a good idea to have the champs too! One guy in line offered to return FHCRE to us too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom