The Killing Play | The Boneyard

The Killing Play

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
While it's tough to pinpoint one specific play or error that loses a game, it's hard not to look at the very beginning of the 2nd quarter from today's game. Jack Zergiotis had thrown a nice 50 yard TD pass a bit prior and our defense was starting to get aggressive, caused a TO and we score again to take a 14-7 lead. Next series we get another 3 and out and start with the ball on our 28 yard line. On a 3rd and 5, Jack Zergiotis, I think, tries to throw the ball away but hits his own lineman in the helmet, the ball bounces to a HC DL and the rest is miserable history.

I'm convinced in an alternative universe where a taller, more nimble and faster Steven Krajewski is playing QB for us, that error isn't made and this game had the potential to be very different. But we never got to see that because RE is a stubborn duckkwit. When Randy says "the kids didn't execute" he doesn't seem to appreciate that the reason for this is limited to two possible options - either he put the wrong kids on the field who can't execute or he's made the expectations / scheme too high and difficult for the kids to execute. It isn't their fault they are put into a position to fail and that is what he has done time and time again. In this case, I think he put the wrong kid on the field and we all have paid the price for it.

It's impossible to be passionate about this team when it has such poor leadership. They've either picked the wrong talent, played the wrong kids or didn't adapt their schemes to fit. Every other team in the country appears to be able to do these basic things and be competitive except for us. Hopefully AD David Benedict sees this at some point and makes the right decision for the future of the program (if there is one).

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
While it's tough to pinpoint one specific play or error that loses a game, it's hard not to look at the very beginning of the 2nd quarter from today's game. Jack Zergiotis had thrown a nice 50 yard TD pass a bit prior and our defense was starting to get aggressive, caused a TO and we score again to take a 14-7 lead. Next series we get another 3 and out and start with the ball on our 28 yard line. On a 3rd and 5, Jack Zergiotis, I think, tries to throw the ball away but hits his own lineman in the helmet, the ball bounces to a HC DL and the rest is miserable history.

I'm convinced in an alternative universe where a taller, more nimble and faster Steven Krajewski is playing QB for us, that error isn't made and this game had the potential to be very different. But we never got to see that because RE is a stubborn duckkwit. When Randy says "the kids didn't execute" he doesn't seem to appreciate that the reason for this is limited to two possible options - either he put the wrong kids on the field who can't execute or he's made the expectations / scheme too high and difficult for the kids to execute. It isn't their fault they are put into a position to fail and that is what he has done time and time again. In this case, I think he put the wrong kid on the field and we all have paid the price for it.

It's impossible to be passionate about this team when it has such poor leadership. They've either picked the wrong talent, played the wrong kids or didn't adapt their schemes to fit. Every other team in the country appears to be able to do these basic things and be competitive except for us. Hopefully AD David Benedict sees this at some point and makes the right decision for the future of the program (if there is one).
He missed a TD throw on the immediately prior play.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Lual Ugwak never looked for the runner.

Reaction Score
That play was killer, and so was this one.

Two weeks in a row the defense allows the ridiculous to happen.

The call was so predictable yet our defense seem so unprepared .

Reaction Score
The opposite of 3 stars of the game:

1. Randy Edsall
2. Myles Bell
3. Jack Zergiotis

Those 2 knuckleheads on the bottom basically conceded (or were responsible) for 21-28 pts alone. I put Zergiotis #3 because the offensive line was below average and the playcalling was garbage except for a few possesions there in the 2nd & 3rd quarter. Bell is #2 since he look disinterested from the opening drive and didn't know where to line up pre snap all game. All he had to do was take care of his assignment, overall the rest of the D was alright until that 75 yd run. Edsall is #1 since he let both these guys basically single handedly lose the game and never replaced them when it was evident they needed to be. I believe if he had done so we would've won.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
But we never got to see that because RE is a stubborn duckkwit.
❤️

Please send this sentence to UConn HR so it can be included in the justification for his termination.

Reaction Score
In fairness, that was a very difficult throw to make, rolling left and throwing right deep down the field.
There was no one within ten yards of Cam Ross. And he missed him by ten yards.

Reaction Score
Lual Ugwak never looked for the runner.

It was the LDT Gourdine that did not look for the runner. Every D lineman could not get off their blocker. The R guard for HC went to the second level and took out Durante Jones, Harrel missed a tackle at the 20 and then Lucien clearly did not want to make the tackle later down the field. Their are players who should be embarrassed by this play. For some reason Travis Jones was not in on this play.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
It was the LDT Gourdine that did not look for the runner. Every D lineman could not get off their blocker. The R guard for HC went to the second level and took out Durante Jones, Harrel missed a tackle at the 20 and then Lucien clearly did not want to make the tackle later down the field. Their are players who should be embarrassed by this play. For some reason Travis Jones was not in on this play.
He got subbed out inexplicably on 3rd and 2.

Reaction Score

So this question has nothing to do with anything. But are you Australian or do you just really like Aussie rules football?

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
So this question has nothing to do with anything. But are you Australian or do you just really like Aussie rules football?
Married to an Aussie and am a fan of the Swans.

Reaction Score
I've been overeating since I got back from the game. Doc says I cant blame covid anymore for any weight gain but he maybe sympathetic to this.

Reaction Score
That play was killer, and so was this one.

Two weeks in a row the defense allows the ridiculous to happen.

Should have been a penalty on HC, block in the back at the 40 yard line, no?

Reaction Score

maybe if our qb was actually smart he wouldn't have tried to throw the ball away in the middle of the field...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom