The irony of it all... | The Boneyard

The irony of it all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
so the institution which led the lawsuit based on an ideal to keep the Big East together is ultimately going to be the one responsible for the league's demise.

Reaction Score
so the institution which led the lawsuit based on an ideal to keep the Big East together is ultimately going to be the one responsible for the league's demise.

Not quite. The institution's political hacks led a lawsuit based on pecuniary loss, not idealism. The BE died when it sat on its withered legs for the past five years, culminating in the brilliant ploy of having a small parochial school upgrade its football team when it had neither the money (look at Nova's endowment), the political will of the school (look at the "outrage" of not moving up...crickets) nor the facilities to do so (except for purpose-built MLS stadium located in the wild and wooly ghetto). So, no, not quite so ironic.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I notice you like to throw unnecessary insults at schools, Special Ed Conference, a location being located in a ghetto.

I thought you were impatient but now you're just sounding outright ignorant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
The league will die as a football conference, thanks to a number of schools including UConn, BC, Syracuse and Pitt. It will go on as a basketball conference which was its original purpose. Of course UConn could choose to stay for BB and go independent for football a la Notre Dame. But that seems unlikely.

Reaction Score
The league will die as a football conference, thanks to a number of schools including UConn, BC, Syracuse and Pitt. It will go on as a basketball conference which was its original purpose. Of course UConn could choose to stay for BB and go independent for football a la Notre Dame. But that seems unlikely.
What are you talking about? How could we go independent? Who would we get to come to Uconn for our home games? This isn't Notre Dame. Additionally, this league is not going to die as a football conference. It could actually be a better football conference than what it just was if we add Houston, ECU and UCF. I didn't say "pretty," I said better. That I believe.

Reaction Score
What are you talking about? How could we go independent? Who would we get to come to Uconn for our home games? This isn't Notre Dame. Additionally, this league is not going to die as a football conference. It could actually be a better football conference than what it just was if we add Houston, ECU and UCF. I didn't say "pretty," I said better. That I believe.
Relax, I was not serious about going independent. UConn will be part of a football conference no doubt, Big East or something new. Yes adding the schools you describe would work. However, I've yet to hear how you get everyone to stay long term.
I'd like to see something that has 12 football schools with some geographic sense to it. A league with 12 football schools and 20 total I think can work, but I'm in the minority on this forum.

Reaction Score
Relax, I was not serious about going independent. OK, WELL, THAT'S WHAT i READ.
UConn will be part of a football conference no doubt, Big East or something new. Yes adding the schools you describe would work. YES IT WOULD.
However, I've yet to hear how you get everyone to stay long term. SOMEONE SAID THERE'S A MEETING IN DC ON SUNDAY? WHO KNOWS?
I'd like to see something that has 12 football schools with some geographic sense to it. FUGEDABOWDAT
A league with 12 football schools and 20 total I think can work, but I'm in the minority on this forum. NO, YOU'RE NOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom