The In State Orange and Blue Giant | The Boneyard

The In State Orange and Blue Giant

Reaction Score
UConn has an opportunity to here to encourage the Coast Guard Academy to move up to Division 1 FBS.

They currently play DIII football BUT there isn’t much difference between non scholarship FCS and DIII. Just ask Randy Edsall and Bob Chesney.

The COAST GUARD ACADEMY has a storied football tradition. In 1951 they went undefeated and were eligible for the TANGERINE bowl. They have a long standing rivalry with Connecticut College as well as participation in the Secretaries Cup with the Merchant Marine Academy and Norwich Academy. I know it would be hard for them to let go of these rivalries but it’s time to make that step.

They have been making unparalleled capital investment and in 2009 they installed state of the art FIELD TURF on their football and lacrosse stadium.

Given the Coast Guard market profile and BRANDING the USCG Academy would instantly become an instate rival as PIER organization.

It would also trigger a chain reaction of upgrades and allow the creation of a new POWER conference. This would be a tough conference for any major media outlet to ignore. Annual payout to each school would between $20,000.00 and $10M per school. At the very least this would be the FLAGSHIP of Flo Sports.

East
UConn
Delaware
USCG
Johnson and Whales
SOUTHERN New Hampshire
Yeshiva

West

Albany
Buffalo
Shippensburg
UMASS
Bucknell
Penn State Altoona

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They have a proud coaching history. HOF'er Otto Graham went 44–32–1 over 9 years at Coast Guard. He also averaged 9.0 yards per attempt for his pro career.

And if we are going into PA we need to explore Slippery Rock.

Reaction Score
They have a proud coaching history. HOF'er Otto Graham went 44–32–1 over 9 years at Coast Guard. He also averaged 9.0 yards per attempt for his pro career.

Only if they can convince Susquehanna or Gettysburg to come with them. If you are going to be in this conference then you need to bring something to the table.

Reaction Score
I have posted some stupid things on The Boneyard and drinking has been involved but to say "UConn has an opportunity to here to encourage the Coast Guard Academy" is more than a grammatical error but a rocket ship to shave your ass and walk backwards land.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Only if they can convince Susquehanna or Gettysburg to come with them. If you are going to be in this conference then you need to bring something to the table.
Uh, they're called Slippery Rock!

Reaction Score
Uh, they're called Slippery Rock!

No dead weight in this conference here. We’re talking about $1M media deal with semi live streaming with Eleven Sports.

Reaction Score
On my way out to Western New York yo catch STEELHEAD, we ran into the SPRINGFIELD College football team at a rest stop ROY ROGERS.

It’s clear that Springfield has been making meaning CAPITAL improvements since they had acquired two buses decorated with Springfield BRANDING.

This reminds me of the rise the U of Albany GREYHOUNDS.

Given how much D3 football is such a loser I am thinking SPRINGFIELD is ready to make the move with COAST GUARD and DELAWARE.

Reaction Score
while i was traveling from calIFornia to Uconn, i was listening to journey's don't stop BELIEVE-in, and i thought "now THIS is an amazing song." while on my trip i also stopped at sUny binghamton which also could be ready to go fbs. unfortunately my car was ransacked by some pirates "ARRRRE matey," they said. it was then i realized that i had made A big mistake. oh why do FOOLs fall in love?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Nope. You wait until the two new superpowerhouses are fully integrated. With California U, Edinboro, and Clarion merging to form one superpower, and Bloomsburg, Lock Haven, and Mansfield combining to form the other powerhouse, you'll essentially be adding two new competitors that would surpass the prestige of Penn St. and Pitt in no time.

Reaction Score
while i was traveling from calIFornia to Uconn, i was listening to journey's don't stop BELIEVE-in, and i thought "now THIS is an amazing song." while on my trip i also stopped at sUny binghamton which also could be ready to go fbs. unfortunately my car was ransacked by some pirates "ARRRRE matey," they said. it was then i realized that i had made A big mistake. oh why do FOOLs fall in love?

I’m with you 100%. You GET it. What was I THINKING? BINGHAMTON needs to move up too to ALBANY a natural RIVAL.

Reaction Score
Nope. You wait until the two new superpowerhouses are fully integrated. With California U, Edinboro, and Clarion merging to form one superpower, and Bloomsburg, Lock Haven, and Mansfield combining to form the other powerhouse, you'll essentially be adding two new competitors that would surpass the prestige of Penn St. and Pitt in no time.

Never doubt the EXPONENTIAL growth of those gritty little BACKWATER schools in Pennsylvania Dutch country. Reminds me of some of those great UCLA teams.

Bloomsburg, Lick Haven and Mansfield could combine and beck me a college football VOLTRON or Wamogo.

Reaction Score
UConn has an opportunity to here to encourage the Coast Guard Academy to move up to Division 1 FBS.

They currently play DIII football BUT there isn’t much difference between non scholarship FCS and DIII. Just ask Randy Edsall and Bob Chesney.

The COAST GUARD ACADEMY has a storied football tradition. In 1951 they went undefeated and were eligible for the TANGERINE bowl. They have a long standing rivalry with Connecticut College as well as participation in the Secretaries Cup with the Merchant Marine Academy and Norwich Academy. I know it would be hard for them to let go of these rivalries but it’s time to make that step.

They have been making unparalleled capital investment and in 2009 they installed state of the art FIELD TURF on their football and lacrosse stadium.

Given the Coast Guard market profile and BRANDING the USCG Academy would instantly become an instate rival as PIER organization.

It would also trigger a chain reaction of upgrades and allow the creation of a new POWER conference. This would be a tough conference for any major media outlet to ignore. Annual payout to each school would between $20,000.00 and $10M per school. At the very least this would be the FLAGSHIP of Flo Sports.

East
UConn
Delaware
USCG
Johnson and Whales
SOUTHERN New Hampshire
Yeshiva

West

Albany
Buffalo
Shippensburg
UMASS
Bucknell
Penn State Altoona
(This post reminds me of another AZ story from my Autobiography ignore it or not. )
When I was in explorer scouts age 15-16 , a group of us from the post had been invited to the CGA as guests . They put us up adjacent to the gym in a dorm for visiting BB teams. We played touch football on Jones field. I caught a couple of TD passes. Their team was away that weekend.
We toured the Eagle , a captured German sailing ship, ate in their dinning room.with the cadets. I remember they had waiters* and I don’t recall ever eating in a formal sit down restaurant.as a child. For a blue collar kid it was an intro to another world. It was supposed to be harder to get into than West Point so no way I was getting in. The thought of me as an officer and a gentleman is pretty funny though.
* Pizza places and diners had waitresses of sort.
It’s a great little place but incredibly tiny right on the river.

Reaction Score

East
UConn
Delaware
USCG
Johnson and Whales
SOUTHERN New Hampshire
Yeshiva

West

Albany
Buffalo
Shippensburg
UMASS
Bucknell
Penn State Altoona
Are you talking UConn -Avery Point? Let's go Pointers!!

Reaction Score

East
UConn
Delaware
USCG
Johnson and Whales
SOUTHERN New Hampshire
Yeshiva

West

Albany
Buffalo
Shippensburg
UMASS
Bucknell
Penn State Altoona
You need to add Three Rivers Community College in Norwich. They could upgrade to a 4 year Div 1 school and Mohegan Sun could build them a Football Field with slot machine tailgates. Their rival would be the USCGA. The rivalry game would be called the Battle of the Thames.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom