The Importance of Perspective | The Boneyard

The Importance of Perspective

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"Six-year-old Daniela Ciriello of Plainville was diagnosed with Cooley’s Anemia — a genetic blood disorder — in 2017. She gets blood transfusions every three weeks.

On Sunday, she sat next to Auriemma and signed a letter of intent. The ceremony was set up by Team Impact, a nonprofit that connects children facing serious and chronic illnesses with local college athletic teams.

“It is something that you can’t even put into words,” an emotional Katie Lou Samuelson said. “Just being able to have that impact by having her as a part of our team is something that all of us will remember forever. They always talk about how we will have an impact on her, but I think she is having just as much of an impact on all of us by making us appreciate everything in life.

“She is bringing us energy. She is the sparks in the room when she comes and sees us. There is never one moment where she lets herself go down. She is always that positive person with us. I am excited to continuously have her with us throughout the season. I hope every sports team at UConn ends up doing it, because it is really worth it.

“She was at First Night with us. “She has been to a few practices, and I think the game was really fun for her today. We’re hoping she is around a lot more.”

Besides practices and games, Daniela will attend team dinners and other team events.

“She’s only 6-years-old and I feel like she has more bravery in her than all of us,” UConn senior Napheesa Collier said. “She does it with a smile on her face. She is the happiest little girl ever. She is really strong, and I know no matter what she goes through, she will pull through.”

A quarter-century since back-to-back defeats for UConn women

Great program. Hard to say who is getting more out of it.

Reaction Score
"Six-year-old Daniela Ciriello of Plainville was diagnosed with Cooley’s Anemia — a genetic blood disorder — in 2017. She gets blood transfusions every three weeks.

On Sunday, she sat next to Auriemma and signed a letter of intent. The ceremony was set up by Team Impact, a nonprofit that connects children facing serious and chronic illnesses with local college athletic teams.

“It is something that you can’t even put into words,” an emotional Katie Lou Samuelson said. “Just being able to have that impact by having her as a part of our team is something that all of us will remember forever. They always talk about how we will have an impact on her, but I think she is having just as much of an impact on all of us by making us appreciate everything in life.

“She is bringing us energy. She is the sparks in the room when she comes and sees us. There is never one moment where she lets herself go down. She is always that positive person with us. I am excited to continuously have her with us throughout the season. I hope every sports team at UConn ends up doing it, because it is really worth it.

“She was at First Night with us. “She has been to a few practices, and I think the game was really fun for her today. We’re hoping she is around a lot more.”

Besides practices and games, Daniela will attend team dinners and other team events.

“She’s only 6-years-old and I feel like she has more bravery in her than all of us,” UConn senior Napheesa Collier said. “She does it with a smile on her face. She is the happiest little girl ever. She is really strong, and I know no matter what she goes through, she will pull through.”

A quarter-century since back-to-back defeats for UConn women

Great program. Hard to say who is getting more out of it.

I say this 10 times a year. Geno can be an sob arrogant you know what. However events like this happen a hundred times a year (ok exaggeration) and few hear about them. You wouldn't have read about this except the program needs to have the word spread. I call Geno a lot of things --like compassionate, loves our kids in VA/Military hospitals, his community, and his country (USA)--and then some not so nice things too.
Thanks to ALL that posted this story--if you don't have a tear or a great feeling--check your pulse.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom