The IGNORE button | The Boneyard

The IGNORE button

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
Isn't the function of the IGNORE button within the threads to allow people to ignore conversations or users they find annoying? If so, why don't we encourage people to use it instead of , what I can only refer to as bullying tactics.

We can't all be interested in the same topics or point of views all the time. So once an individual isn't being disrespectful, why shouldn't they be allowed to ask a question? Others who are not annoyed by a post, may be interested in responding to their inquiry or statement.. Just saying.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The ignore features are so wonderful. If we can extend it to real life, ..... :D:D:D

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Ignore button is for the weak. for those that can't handle opinions differing from their own. Stand up for yourself. Speak up, let your voice be heard. Don't cower in the the corner wishing for rainbows and unicorns. Be willing to wade into the deep end, smell the sweet slaughter of the sheep.

Besides, some of the idiotic stuff on here is hi-lar-i-ous. You don't want to miss that.

Come heavy or don't come at all.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I have never used the ignore function on the Boneyard. Although there have been posts that I found to be "nasty" or "uninformed", that evaluation was likely the result of my perceptions and feelings. But I have also seen posts from the selfsame members that I found to be interesting and considered. . Had I ignored them early on ,I would have missed some good stuff. One should use the ignore if reading a post makes them so uncomfortable that they are incapable of letting it go. All human interaction has both positive and negative aspects, but that is how we learn and grow and become more well rounded and informed. Use ignore at your own discretion, but you might miss an opportunity or two. As @meyers7 said, sometimes you can have a hearty guffaw and just keep cruising. :)

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
I have never used the ignore function on the Boneyard. Although there have been posts that I found to be "nasty" or "uninformed", that evaluation was likely the result of my perceptions and feelings. But I have also seen posts from the selfsame members that I found to be interesting and considered. . Had I ignored them early on ,I would have missed some good stuff. One should use the ignore if reading a post makes them so uncomfortable that they are incapable of letting it go. All human interaction has both positive and negative aspects, but that is how we learn and grow and become more well rounded and informed. Use ignore at your own discretion, but you might miss an opportunity or two. As @meyers7 said, sometimes you can have a hearty guffaw and just keep cruising. :)

Accentuate the Positive. Eliminate the Negative. Latch on to the Affirmative. And Don't mess with Mr. In-Between. Thank you Mr. Mercer.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Accentuate the Positive. Eliminate the Negative. Latch on to the Affirmative. And Don't mess with Mr. In-Between. Thank you Mr. Mercer.

Fun,fine tune. 1944. What a different time , with no social media to push the negative view. :)

Reaction Score

Who takes care of the caretakers daughter while the caretakers busy taking care??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom