The Huskies had zero fast break points. | The Boneyard

The Huskies had zero fast break points.

Reaction Score
Not sure we even came close after the first 30 seconds either. Andre had the steal and missed the layup when he get fouled, and then both FTs

Reaction Score
I kind of feel like the Karaban 3 in the corner could have been considered a semi-break, and we stuffed ourselves on the rim on the easiest one of the day. But yeah, we didn’t help ourselves by getting anything easy.

One issue - and it may have been more SJU doing a good job denying the outlet pass (since it was usually off camera), but Sanogo in particular was super tentative getting rid of the ball off the boards when it felt like maybe we could have had a break. But if he throws the ball away into a steal, we’re going to be critical of being careless, so hard to know without seeing what he sees what the best decisions were.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
What’s wild was we were probably the best transition team through non-conference play. When we were good we did 2 things very well. Transition play(particularly transition shooting) and we wore teams down with our depth and having them chase us around with a fast motion offense. We would then start pressing late once we had them worn down and the game would be over. Now we do neither the offense is rehearsed and we’re not running.

Newton’s lazy and careless play has hurt this team probably more than anything. Along with poor bench play.

This team’s biggest flaw is that we have a bunch of skinny finesse guards who get bullied and give up too many easy baskets. We need an eraser at the rim like Samson back. (Or we could play DC more).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Our guards don't like attacking the rim, either in the half court or on fast breaks.

Reaction Score
poor Diarra...
I think Diarra's pass to nobody at the top of the key was his true highlight. Ball bouncing around in the middle of the court so the Johnnie guard decides he might as well take it the other way. Hope he thanked him afterward for the easiest steal in the history of the sport.

Reaction Score
I think Diarra's pass to nobody at the top of the key was his true highlight. Ball bouncing around in the middle of the court so the Johnnie guard decides he might as well take it the other way. Hope he thanked him afterward for the easiest steal in the history of the sport.
I mean, he also split two defenders and drove it to the hoop for an easy layup. I was referring to him getting rejected by the rim on a fast break.

Reaction Score
Not sure we even came close after the first 30 seconds either. Andre had the steal and missed the layup when he get fouled, and then both FTs
Andre was desperately looking for someone to pass to on the breakaway when he was out front. Looked left, looked right when he should have gone strong to the rack. Confounding.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
At this point I would start Jackson at the point and Clingan at center with Sanogo at forward. We literally have nothing to lose.
I'm coming around to this idea. Clingan gives us rim protection that we desperately need

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
None. Nada. Zip. For the record, St John's had 13.

We are playing poorly in so many areas that identifying what to fix first will be a tough job.
Can’t get much when you can’t get stops and get out and run

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom