The Huskies Are My Psychiatrist | The Boneyard

The Huskies Are My Psychiatrist

Reaction Score
Some people have shrinks (my son in law is one) but I keep my sanity in this world by following and enjoying our basketball team. This is my detachment from the real world and frankly MLB or the NFL is not powerful enough medicine.
Now during the tourney I deal with incredible stress and I have crazy rituals (which I will not describe but could get me committed) and ways to get through that but as we are in pre season I really need to see some game action to set me straight right now.
Even a tape of that scrimmage game might help right now.

Reaction Score
I definitely come here multiple times a day to get my mind off the real world . Not sure how harping on a 17 year olds decision is relaxing - or how someone played in practice is worth checking in 10 times a day- but it works for me.

Reaction Score
Some people have shrinks (my son in law is one) but I keep my sanity in this world by following and enjoying our basketball team. This is my detachment from the real world and frankly MLB or the NFL is not powerful enough medicine.
Now during the tourney I deal with incredible stress and I have crazy rituals (which I will not describe but could get me committed) and ways to get through that but as we are in pre season I really need to see some game action to set me straight right now.
Even a tape of that scrimmage game might help right now.
I’m not worthy.

Reaction Score
I can’t watch the Final Four with other people at say a party. My comments would not be well accepted.

I spent every game during the past two tournaments pacing my living from from tip-off to final buzzer, no matter the score. I looked like, as my wife lovingly pointed out, deranged.

Reaction Score
Church
In 1999 I went to my Church and prayed the days of every tournament game. On the Sunday before the championship game I went to Mass in Tampa even though I was still drunk, saw the 2 nuns Calhoun had befriended and the ushers name was James Calhoun. When I saw that I knew there was Divine Intervention and became more convinced we would win.
I repeated the ritual of going to Church and praying on game days in the 2023 and 2024 tournaments. Prayer works.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
In the end - it's a game.........................
Angry Hulk Smash GIF

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I listen to Danny’s Inside the Huddles once a week to use when I drop tidbits on my kid prior to his hockey games…

Reaction Score
I hate watching UConn with others.... Hate it.
I can enjoy games with others when UConn is winning with a comfortable margin. But I have a hard time watching with others in a close game or when they're losing unless I'm at the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom