The Huskies: An Articulate Bunch | The Boneyard

The Huskies: An Articulate Bunch

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
If this was in USAToday, I missed it. Weber State picked it up. KLS is quotable:

“I’ve always felt empowered playing basketball and going against the guys,” Samuelson told USA Today. “The negative conception comes from the early days when girls and guys were suppose to do different things. You get put into categories; it’s society’s way of molding things. Women playing sports is a great way to break those expectations.”

These women continue to make Huskies basketball great, proving that the grandiose feats of basketball aren’t confined to the men of the sports world. These athletes have made UConn basketball legendary, and they continue to do so every time they step out on the court."

UConn women’s basketball represents empowerment, total NCAA domination

Reaction Score
The quote by Geno was from yesterday, the UConn record they cite is from last year (955-134, 0.877). Oooooopps.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
"The UConn Huskies hold the longest win streak in NCAA Division I athletics in any sport."

I think that is incorrect. Penn State Volleyball? Carolina soccer?

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Lou is more than a little confused when it comes to all things bovine.

Except for that notable deficiency, she seems to have things together quite well.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
"The UConn Huskies hold the longest win streak in NCAA Division I athletics in any sport."

I think that is incorrect. Penn State Volleyball? Carolina soccer?
You're right, it's incorrect. UConn has surpassed the UNC women's soccer streak, but not the Penn State women's volleyball streak. The Penn State streak was snapped at 109, so UConn has a chance to eclipse that one by winning a game in Bridgeport. Miami men's tennis is still a ways off. Trinity men's squash is a long, long ways off (though that one's not an NCAA-sanctioned sport).

100 Game Win Streaks in Divison-I

(Caveat regarding this article: despite the article's title, BYU-Hawaii women's tennis plays in Division II, not Division I.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom