The Horde tweets on Briana | The Boneyard

The Horde tweets on Briana

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Jim Fuller@NHRJimFuller
#UConn coach Geno Auriemma said it was "nauseating" when he was informed Brianna Banks' knee injury was a torn ACL

John Altavilla@jaltavilla
Geno on Banks' injury: "It's even more disappointing that usually knowing how hard she's worked to get where she is now."

Ah details: According to Geno, Banks' MRI was performed Sunday, not today as the media was told. #UConnwomen knew she was done then.

Geno: "When the results came last night, it was pretty nauseating." #UConnwomen decided not to tell Banks until Monday morning.

Geno says Moriah Jefferson will benefit. "It will be even more important for her to play, regardless of what she's asked to do."

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Geno says Moriah Jefferson will benefit. "It will be even more important for her to play, regardless of what she's asked to do."

Being the optomist that I am I, I really believe she will rise to the occasion.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score

I loved what I saw when the two of them were together on the floor. With Mo and SpongeBob humming and Morgan and Stewie starting to jell the future is looking bright for UConn. This just sucks. I am just sick over it.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I don't see any benefit at all. I think a misstatement by Geno.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
No, I doubt it's a misquote. It will benefit MJ, or a least could, depending on how she responds. She will be able to get more PT if she performs.

Geno just looking for a silver lining.

Reaction Score
I'll take the upbeat talk, thanks. Would you rather he say "Oh woe is me! We cannot recover from this, we have no one to step in and pick up Brianna's minutes. We are doomed!"

Poor Geno, he can't even try to put a positive spin on what is clearly going to be a challenge for the team without being criticize, directly or indirectly. Some people have been criticizing Geno for NOT playing Moriah enough. Well, an injury has now forced that hand. Maybe not the way he would have wanted to bring Moriah along, but yes, she will benefit from the extra playing time she must now be ready for.

sTu

Reaction Score
"Being the optomist that I am I, I really believe she will rise to the occasion."

I am choosing not to focus on what not having Banks available means and to look at what this opportunity presents to Jefferson. When Bird came back her Soph year from her ACL Walter's limited minutes accelerated Bird's development. Jefferson is very talented. I am going to hope some of her three point shots drop early. Marquette, DePaul, and Providence are kind opponents. Rutgers with their style of play and press should be more challenging. The Baylor game provides opportunities for all the players. Exciting times. No one has blown this team out. Folks do not concentrate on what it is like playing UConn, only our relative weaknesses. Playing UConn is like getting a root canal. It hurts and there is no relief until its over.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

You are a piece of work, Michael.

It means more time for Jefferson and she will be allowed to play through her mistakes where now she might be pulled.

She will also have the opportunity to show why she was ranked so high.

Sometimes when a player is needed more, they rise to the occassion. It appears you don't understand that.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Sorry folks, I can't see how losing a hugely promising young guard, on a team that is athletically challenged at that position (at the moment) helps anyone. No one benefits from that.
I have lots of faith in Mo Jeff; she'll be great.
What we need now is for either Doty to have a couple of her great outings or for Hartley to have a miraculous recovery.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Sorry folks, I can't see how losing a hugely promising young guard, on a team that is athletically challenged at that position (at the moment) helps anyone. No one benefits from that.
What we need now is for either Doty to have a couple of her great outings or for Hartley to have a miraculous recovery.
You completely don't understand what Geno said. Completely.

Reaction Score

I do, too, DD...I think the young lady has some untapped depths just waiting for a big moment...

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I am perpetually amazed at the ability of some to spot that gleam of bright light in the midst of the darkest cloud.

I am reminded of Lyndon Johnson. His Democrats had a horrible election and a youthful aide tried to put a positive spin on this disaster. LBJ listened for a while, then stopped the hallow attempt at upbeat analysis. He leaned forward and counseled the young fellow. "Son, you can't shine ."

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

Athletically challenged? Wow.

It will take a miracle for Hartley to play better? Wow wow.

Unbelievable. I bet you were disappointed the Mayans were wrong.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Should we ignore logic or history just before King Grandpa says so?

Geno has often discussed Bria's injury issue and Caroline's as well.
Caroline's issues are not unexpected; it's going to be really hard for Bria to overcome a serious sprain while she's playing and practicing. Perhaps the word "miraculous" is an exaggeration, especially with its connotation to being of a miracle.

Which do you prefer Doggy: unlikely, difficult, problematic? The thesaurus suggests: amazing, anomalous, astonishing, astounding,awesome, extraordinary...

I like awesome; It would be awesome if Bria regains her form

Mo Jeff is a huge talent and may very well step up and play like an instant veteran.

But let's not forget, we have to make up BB's production, a quick look indicates a sheet very similar to Hartley with 100 fewer minutes, more blocks and steals, less assists (she's a pure 2 don't you think)? And 7.3 points per game, only one less than Hartley.

My original point was that it was a pipe-dream to try to turn this disaster into a positive for anybody or anything.

I haven't read any comments, abusive or not that changes my mind.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

Caroline's issues are not unexpected; it's going to be really hard for Bria to overcome a serious sprain while she's playing and practicing. Perhaps the word "miraculous" is an exaggeration, especially with its connotation to being of a miracle.

Which do you prefer Doggy: unlikely, difficult, problematic? The thesaurus suggests: amazing, anomalous, astonishing, astounding,awesome, extraordinary...

Mo Jeff is a huge talent and may very well step up and play like an instant veteran.

But let's not forget, we have to make up BB's production, a quick look indicates a sheet very similar to Hartley with 100 fewer minutes, more blocks and steals, less assists (she's a pure 2 don't you think)? And 7.3 points per game, only one less than Hartley.

My original point was that it was a pipe-dream to try to turn this disaster into a positive for anybody or anything.

King Grandpa? I like it. You may address me as that from now on and bow when you see me.

Have a nice day in your miserable world.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Why not discuss the relevant points in my post, especially making up the production.
You may also consider the following quote from Podiatry Today: http://www.podiatrytoday.com/article/5918 which is more or less common knowledge.

If an athlete returns to play before an injury has adequately healed, there is a risk of re-injury, which could add significantly to the time already lost from the sport. A worse possibility is the occurrence of a new injury due to compensation for a previous unhealed injury.

By the way, sorry to disappoint I'm happy as a clam, skiing every day at Oldecoaches' place.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Why not discuss the relevant points in my post, especially making up the production.
You may also consider the following quote from Podiatry Today: http://www.podiatrytoday.com/article/5918 which is more or less common knowledge.

If an athlete returns to play before an injury has adequately healed, there is a risk of re-injury, which could add significantly to the time already lost from the sport. A worse possibility is the occurrence of a new injury due to compensation for a previous unhealed injury.

By the way, sorry to disappoint I'm happy as a clam, skiing every day at Oldecoaches' place.

I'm talking about the miserable world of how you look at UConn. I'm glad you don't take that attitude into other things.

I don't need to read something from podiatry today to know that you shouldn't come back from injury too soon. Common sense will tell you that.

If you are talking about Hartley, I have seen her run, cut and do everything she needs to do to perform at her former level. She just has some confidence issues. It won't take a miracle fix that. She will continue to work hard and it will happen.

We are talking about 17 minutes a game, 7.3 points, 1.7 rebounds, 1.7 assists. You don't think that between Jefferson, Hartley, Doty and Faris can make up those stats? I'd wager that when you look at the rest of the games when compared to the prior games, the team stats will be around the same.

Now, that doesn't mean she won't be missed. She has some unique skills. But this team is deep enough and talented enough to handle this loss.

I'm not the only poster that disagrees with you on this. Yet, I'm the only one you directly respond to. And I'm still waiting for someone that agrees with your original point in this thread. Doesn't that tell you something?

I'm sorry I get snarky with you about it. You frustrate the b-jeebers out of me.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I accept the apology.
Take a look at the posts
I think one vet agrees with me (unless I'm misreading).

Reaction Score

Why do I get the feeling you would piss and moan about winning the lottery?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Why not discuss the relevant points in my post,
Well therein lies the hard part. First one would have to find them.

especially making up the production.
But we will talk about this one. If NO ONE picks up the 7.3 ppg, which I highly doubt seeing as how there will be extra minutes for certain players, then UCONN's margin of victory goes down to 27.2. Gonna be kind of hard to convince me that's the end of the world.

Is UCONN going to benefit from Banks being out? N0. Loss of a quick guard, depth, no that won't help. Although it may (may) cause the team to rally together??? Some players to step up there game, knowing UCONN is short??? Who knows.

Is Jefferson going to benefit from the added minutes and experience? Probably to Yes.
Is that what Geno said that you disagree with? Yes.

Reaction Score

Wow- have you heard ? It is better to be silent and thought of as a fool than to speak and confirm it. I'd quit while your behind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom