The Hall Of Famer/Inductee: Rebecca Lobo | The Boneyard

The Hall Of Famer/Inductee: Rebecca Lobo

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Rebecca Lobo Blossomed Into Hall Of Famer, But Roots Are Planted In Southwick, Mass.

Already posted? Didn't jump out at me, so sorry.

She said at the dedication, 'I find this very ironic you're calling this Rebecca Lobo Lane because my parents never let me drive here,' " her father Dennis said. "Really. She took the bus or got a ride. 'Can I take the car?' 'No.' "

For Rebecca, it all started in Southwick, where Dennis and his late wife RuthAnn decided to move after their third child, Rebecca, was born in 1973. They wanted a bigger house for their growing family, which included big brother Jason and big sister Rachel.

Immediately, a basketball hoop went up in the driveway. It was never lowered for the younger girls. Jason, who is 6-11 and went on to play at Dartmouth, would play 1-on-2 against his sisters.

Former UConn star Rebecca Lobo talks about the 15th anniversary of the Connecticut Sun. (John Altavilla)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"I think the most memorable [high school] night was when she was salutatorian," her father, Dennis, said. "We were very proud of that. From a basketball point of view, it was when she broke the state scoring record and how the people from both teams went on the floor.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"Initially, she was like, 'Why do they want my autograph? Why are they seeking me out?' I said, 'You're good. Maybe they see some greatness in you you don't see.' "

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam
Top Bottom