The half glass full.............. | The Boneyard

The half glass full..............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
you only get invited to a new conference if you know the invitee will accept. this is a panic play by the acc that makes no sense as a stand alone move. as good as louisville thinks they are as an atheletic program, this is simply a filler that does not move the needle one bit in what matters in conference realignment. and as bad as today feels for most of us, there is no way a school, a demographic, a market that a school like uconn provides will be left out in the cold.

Reaction Score
as bad as today feels for most of us, there is no way a school, a demographic, a market that a school like uconn provides will be left out in the cold.
you sure about that? Because we keep saying there's no way UConn gets left out, but then it keeps getting left out.

So.

Reaction Score
you only get invited to a new conference if you know the invitee will accept. this is a panic play by the acc that makes no sense as a stand alone move. as good as louisville thinks they are as an atheletic program, this is simply a filler that does not move the needle one bit in what matters in conference realignment. and as bad as today feels for most of us, there is no way a school, a demographic, a market that a school like uconn provides will be left out in the cold.

Are you saying that we didn't indicate that we would accept an invitation to the ACC? If so, that is insane. Accepting a place in the ACC doesn't preclude an offer from the B1G.

Today will be interesting. But if UConn actually says that it turned the ACC down and that we are holding out for the B1G then we will get laughed out of the country.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I just can't believe this. The line that says we'll go to the ACC when someone defects again is stupid. Who will be our competition next time Cincy, USF? Laugh at those thoughts but who would have thought we'd lose out to Louisville.

Reality is we're over as an athletic dept if we are stuck here. I have little faith in us moving after this....

Can we just shut down the realignment board after we all vent our anger?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I was down with this kind of thinking, that is UConn had a choice between ACC and Big 10, but was waiting to make sure something like ND all-in to ACC with a GOR, but then Manuel's quote kind of threw a wrench in my little fantasy world. So we are left only with Herbst has a great plan of uconn to the b10 and is just waiting for the press conference.

The reality is, hanging our future on such a belief of Herbst's abilities is getting to be a very big burden to carry. Hope versus the facts that keep smacking us in the face. At some point, the bag of bricks bloodying our face can't be ignored.

Reaction Score
Kinda of sick of more to follow

Seems like the pick of Louisville was made because of sports revenues, and investment in sports. On top of that articles are mentioning their football and basketball coaches being successful and stable.

If this is the reason or out giving. Then we again were caught blindsided. Again. Obvious kev's 1 year contract says our AD is a clown and the school can't afford a couple mill. Second our FB coach nationally isn't well respected only by the CT press. And lastly this is on the administration while other admins were fighting publicly for their schools ours quiet stating "no comment". They knew a long time ago!

This is on our Prez. She is ultimately accountable even if she isn't responsible. By letting Warde take the lead on Kev's contract and not finding a long term solution for HCFB we said to the college landscape "we're not sure if we are all in"

Pissed regardless if we get in later.

We're perceived as the last one picked in a pickup basketball game.

Reaction Score
I just can't believe this. The line that says we'll go to the ACC when someone defects again is stupid. Who will be our competition next time Cincy, USF? Laugh at those thoughts but who would have thought we'd lose out to Louisville.

Louisville ranks in the top 20 nationally in athletic department revenue and I'm sure that was their number one selling point. Nothing speaks louder than money. We're clearly the leader in the BE now that they're gone. It's largely on our backs as fans to make sure those numbers stay good so we'll look good to any potential suitors.

Reaction Score
As Troutman said to Rambo: "It's over, Johnny!".

There are 10-15 DI football powerhouses. The rest are just "also rans" with an occasional blip of a great season. We will always be an "also ran" which is okay with me. Focus on being a hoops powerhouse with a dynamic young coach, new practice facility, and huge fan support.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
I am saying try to remain patient. There is more to follow.

Exactly. This will probably be the most rational and one of the more unpopular posts today. But lynch mobs aren't based in rational thought.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The half full view looks a lot like a single Poweball ticket. I suppose the B1G could do the unthinkable and invite us. In my case, let's have them add Kansas too...despite a currently terrible football team.

I'm increasingly convinced of a few things. UConn isn't well liked. The state's lawsuits, Calhoun's attitude over the years, maybe Geno's fondness for blowing people out, our fairly arrogant attitude about being between Boston and NY and in the case of the ACC, the fact that we're Yankees. I'm sure there's more.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
As Troutman said to Rambo: "It's over, Johnny!".

There are 10-15 DI football powerhouses. The rest are just "also rans" with an occasional blip of a great season. We will always be an "also ran" which is okay with me. Focus on being a hoops powerhouse with a dynamic young coach, new practice facility, and huge fan support.

Nice idea, except we now find ourselves in a second tier hoops league. In case nobody noticed, the ACC just poached the only remaining strong team from the Big East besides us, Marquette and Georgetown.

The BE has lost Cuse, Pitt, UL, ND and WVU. That's five of the top 8 hoops programs in the league. The A10 is better than the NBE will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom