The half court high post offense | The Boneyard

The half court high post offense

Reaction Score
The high post offense with Carlton as the primary ball handler-screener needs some new wrinkles. It's become very predictable and the staff of Indy was prepared for it. I have a love hate with Carlton in the high post, when he dives down he can establish good postion low and finish. But to often his passing is lazy and stagnant and he tends to be a turnover machine. I hate that he can't face the basket from the top of the key and drive or hit the foul line jumper. Teams can provide early help on his screens then recover to guard Carlton, he's not an option to flare to space to hit a jumper, this leads to teams sagging into the lane, clogging up driving lanes. Gilbert as the primary user of Carlton high screen is poorly cast right now. He is not a threat to blow by his man and finish at the rim or move to space for a 3.
The changes I would like to see
-Move Akok to the high post. Let him be the initiator of the offense, his quickness to screen and roll or flare would create openings. Our two potentially best offense players need to be more involved in the offense, which brings me to Bouknight. He's being wasted as a floor spacer in the corner. Get the ball in his hands at the top of the key, let him use the ball screens to get looks or drives. Use Polley as the floor stretcher but let him move. We never seem to flash to the foul line or the short corner. I would like to see the offense loosened up to give mismatches a chance to deal. If Boaknight is having trouble getting involved in the half court, isolate him, get him in space. I would rather see that than our undersized guards driving into trees.
We do alot of things well in the half court. We looked great in earlier games against teams not as sophisticated on D as Indiana. Were going in the right direction despite last night's set back. Forgive my frustrated ramblings.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom