The Guru: Is Kelsey Bone coming out for the draft? | The Boneyard

The Guru: Is Kelsey Bone coming out for the draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
From Mel's ND - Villanova game report...

"She [Diggins] is projected among the top three picks in the WNBA draft in April with the others being Baylor great Brittney Griner, anticipated to be the first pick by the Phoenix Mercury, and Delaware sensation Elena Delle Donne, likely to go second to the Chicago Sky. The Tulsa Shock have the third pick.

This could all change if trades are made between now and April and there has also been a bit of a buzz that perhaps Texas A&M star Kelsey Bone may come out since this would normally be her senior season. She originally began her collegiate career at South Carolina, recruited by Dawn Staley, before transferring back near home in her native Texas."

Reaction Score
Yes that was mentioned during their game the other night -- she's going to graduate this year, so she could enter the draft if she wanted.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Kelsey's game needs more refinement. I wouldn't pick her over Griner (absolute no brainer), EDD, or even Skylar, unless I have a really good PG and need size. Even then, I think Skylar is the better option. I think Bone would go in the first round but not real early.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Kelsey Bone would not be a bad pick for the CT Sun. Don't know if she would slide to the 11th pick, as Indiana could pick her with the 9th pick.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I've gotten so I love the WNBA; so many of our guys...it's really great!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Im sure EDD wish she could play with her idol DT3...

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
She doesn't seem to have the drive to be the best player she can be as a collegiate. Going up a level is probably not the answer. Why not get part of a graduate program paid for and stick around another year?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
She doesn't seem to have the drive to be the best player she can be as a collegiate. Going up a level is probably not the answer. Why not get part of a graduate program paid for and stick around another year?
sometimes money motivate you to work harder... it becomes your job and you dont need to worry about exams

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Kelsey Bone would not be a bad pick for the CT Sun. Don't know if she would slide to the 11th pick, as Indiana could pick her with the 9th pick.

Would she be satisfied as a likely long-term backup to Tina?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Given Kelsey's lack of fitness, which to me seems to be a bit of a statement on her work ethic regarding fitness, I'm not sure I'd take a chance on her terribly high. She reminds me a bit of Kara Braxton who has averaged 7.5 PPG and 16 MPG over her career. Decent numbers, but certainly not fantastic. I think Bone would make a terrific back up center. But I think I'd probably take Kelly over her if both were available at the same time...

Reaction Score
Given Kelsey's lack of fitness, which to me seems to be a bit of a statement on her work ethic regarding fitness, I'm not sure I'd take a chance on her terribly high. She reminds me a bit of Kara Braxton who has averaged 7.5 PPG and 16 MPG over her career. Decent numbers, but certainly not fantastic. I think Bone would make a terrific back up center. But I think I'd probably take Kelly over her if both were available at the same time...

Depends on your needs. If I need a post and Griner and EDD are taken, I would take Bone before Diggins and Kelly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom