The Good and the Bad..... | The Boneyard

The Good and the Bad.....

Reaction Score
  1. The Huskies realize they have a lot of work to do before the big tournament next year.
  2. Everybody has to work as a team in order to win close games
  3. We can't beat everyone we play
  4. It was a great year, even though we did not win it all.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Twenty (20!!!!!) years ago, a certain freshman had one of her worst shooting games of the season, and the team lost in the semi finals. The next year, the team, with its four core seniors, and this now sophomore, buzz-sawed through the entire season with that angry chip from the prior season.

We are a young team. I honestly was 40/60 on whether we would win. A lot had to go right, and it didn't. I thoroughly enjoyed watching this team develop over the course of the season.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Personally I thought we were lucky to get by Baylor, fouls, no fouls, whatever. I sort of figured Geno was about to have a 11-1 record in final games. When the season started and stopped and started, I was surprised we played as well as we did with the roster we had, and that ended the year playing as well as we did. I still thought we would have trouble making the FF and keeping that streak alive. (And the streak is still alive possibly because covid canceled last year.) The game against Baylor was the high point of the season and I think was also a drain on both confidence and energy - I suspect a standard final four experience with a week between the game might have helped the team decompress and re-energize.

I was surprised we lost to AZ, but we just were just not the experienced team with the experienced team leaders we needed to be. Christyn played a really good game. Paige played a good game (hard to get more than 4 assists when the team is shooting 35%.)

The best thing about this team is the freshman will be sophomores next year! Think about that 2001 team - DT was the freshman and she had juniors Sue, Asjha, Swin, and Tamika, and senior Kelly Schumacher hero of the 2000 NC game and they crapped out.

Reaction Score
I never thought UConn would win an NC with this very good but flawed team this season.............just getting into the semis was a major achievement...............next season the addition of Azzi Fudd will add the consistent offensive firepower that was sometimes missing from the current team and that along with another big body off the bench in DeBerry should make UConn a major contender for the championship next season............if EW returns so much the better..........

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
My wish list for
Aubrey and Mir - develop your jump shots! Don't need threes but definitely need a confident 15-18 footer.
Piath work really hard on all aspects - could use a big big and you get minutes if you can develop your game.
Nika and Anna - get healthy and put up lots of shots.
Evina - if you're back please get really healthy
Olivia - shots at the basket, and at the foul line until you arms fall off.
Christyn, Aaliyah - carry the end of this year into next.
Paige - love the swagger and the game, listen a little better maybe?
Saylor - you got a little head start so help your classmates acclimate.

You all had the fun and the heartbreak, and now you know what it takes. Maria and DT sat in that losing locker room in 2001 and said to each other they never wanted to feel that way again, and then they went out and did something about it, and they never did. Get that kind of resolve and let it fuel your spring summer and fall!

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
  1. The Huskies realize they have a lot of work to do before the big tournament next year.
  2. Everybody has to work as a team in order to win close games
  3. We can't beat everyone we play
  4. It was a great year, even though we did not win it all.
Yes, we can.
It doesn't mean we will, though. We, like everyone, can lose.

Reaction Score
Olivia and Aubrey should be taking 300-500 layups a day with each hand.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom