The goal was to make the tournament | The Boneyard

The goal was to make the tournament

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
After not making it for so long, the goal was to make the tournament. We did that and finished third in the conference. We have a lot of issues that need to be addressed. The players need to work on a lot but Hurley needs to work on his in game coaching.

Next year is when we expect to dominate

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Happy with this year. Obviously wish we went further but that’s how it goes.

weird year with covid, star player went down for 8 games, freak athlete freshman missed even more. We wanted to get to the tourney, we did. We wanted to out perform expectations in the big east, we did.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
There's no more "next year is the year". We have the tools now.

I agree, I'm just happy we had basketball and a competitive team during this time AND we got to the tournament.

And I'm all aboard the Hurley Train. But this was a pretty unacceptable showing (not to take away credit from Maryland's defense). It's one thing to lose a competitive game... but we looked utterly unprepared. Not sure how much we can chalk that up to a weird COVID year. We looked pretty good for like 8 of our last 9 games before this one.

Reaction Score
This was a continuation of the Creighton game, which was a continuation of the Villanova game. We need more talent.

Reaction Score
Next season will be a down year. I consider we made the tournament last season. I don't see this season as building. We need to bring in scorers and get Clingan and in a couple years may make some noise. We have a bunch of players with major flaws in their games. They need to gel as a unit. To much hero ball by guys that aren't great scorers.

Reaction Score
Tourney was expected. The actual goal was to beat Maryland.

That's it.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
I'm disappointed but appreciate the fact that we had a game this weekend.

8 months til Gample

Reaction Score
Not for anyone associated with the progam or the fans.
Exactly. We should expect, and deserve, more. Just cuz KO turned us into a dumpster fire doesn’t mean we should expect less. This is an extremely unacceptable result. Why do you extend a coach for two more years before his first postseason experience?? Not saying he should go by any stretch, but let’s see what he’s got. So far, not so good.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
The goal realistically was Sweet 16.

Reaction Score
Making the tournament is always the goal, but with the talent we had, its hard not to get greedy and want more.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Aggrevated x 10 but as I watched, I was reminded that a good number of the guys on the court will be back next year with new found big time basketball experience. Still threw a few things at the wall as I was watching....

Reaction Score
If I were told at the end of last season we were going to finish 3rd in the big east, lost in semis of the BET, and got bumped out of the NCAA’s in the first round... I would have been OK with it.

I’m content. Sad and frustrated... but content. The future looks good. Can’t wait for next year!

Reaction Score
I get not wanting to be on the garbage bandwagon of vitriol, but this is a bit too far in the opposite direction. Everyone expects more.

Reaction Score
This was a continuation of the Creighton game, which was a continuation of the Villanova game. We need more talent.
I'm less concerned about our talent level than I am with our mental toughness and our lack of knockdown shooters. Who are the guys we can count on next year to rain 3's and loosen up the lane for AJax to drive and Sanogo to work? Cole, maybe. Hawkins hopefully. Gaff - hopefully. I can't count on Martin. Akok - again, hopefully. We're going to see a lot of defenses like tonight's.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom