The Glory Days of the Boneyard... | The Boneyard

The Glory Days of the Boneyard...

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Cleaning up the hard drive, and ran across some old UConn & Boneyard related stuff, from the year of the first NC. It was a heady time in Boneyard history.

Here's a list of quotes I found...

"As of this moment, we're the best team in the country." Jim Calhoun to the rest of the world, 3/30/99.

"You think Duke beating Florida A&M by 41 points has anything to do with a game against UConn?" Michael Wilbon in the NY Post, on Tuesday, March 30, 1999.

"This is reality. Everything that isn't the Boneyard is illusion." @zymurg, in the "Most valuable husky fan" thread on the Boneyard, 9/9/99.

"Me against him, one-on-one with the game on the line, no way he's going to score." Ricky Moore on his decisive stop of Trajan Langdon.

"I didn't come here to prove a point. I came here to win a championship." Kevin "No regular season awards" Freeman after winning the Big East Tourney MVP award."

"I have a better chance of being hit by the Goodyear blimp, than the Huskies do of beating Duke." Tommy "Boy am I glad those blimps bounce" Penders, on CBS Sports, the morning of 3/29/99.

"We broke some hearts and kicked some ass!" Jim Calhoun to the UConn student body, 3/30/99.

"You mean I get the hat and the book? Incredible!" Then Boneyard regular and Justin Brown's cousin, @AussieCuz, in a Sports Illustrated commercial.

"I'm no better coach than I was three weeks ago, I'm no worse than I was three weeks ago." Jim Calhoun at the postgame press conference in the very wee hours of the morning on 3/30/99,

"Although I remember 'The Shot,' I treasure 'The Stop.' Thank you Ricky." @boba in his "biomass" bio on the boneyard.

Anyway, it's comforting to remember what a great time that was, and how much fun we used to have here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom