The Girls | The Boneyard

The Girls

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I turned it on just before the start of the first half. Then they extended like a 5 point lead to 19 in 2 minutes. Assuming they win, their next potentially challenging game isn't for a month and a half. They would be going for 100 at that point.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I turned it on just before the start of the first half. Then they extended like a 5 point lead to 19 in 2 minutes. Assuming they win, their next potetnially challenging game isn't for a month and a half. They would be going for 100 at that point.

Came here to say the same thing. Turned it on at halftime. Expected them to win but I was pretty blown away by that 14 - 0 run.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Yeah well I turned it on and MD went on an 8-0 run

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
They have won 16 games in a row against teams ranked in the top 5. That is insanely imprsssive.

All the stats they showed at the end of the game are crazy. 30 straight road wins. 134-1 over their last 135.

They lost the 1st, 2nd and 3rd picks in the draft, and they just keep rolling!

In other news, the team I obsess over scored twelve points in the first half yesterday.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
It's unbelievable how good they are... 87 games in a row...

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I turned it on just before the start of the first half. Then they extended like a 5 point lead to 19 in 2 minutes. Assuming they win, their next potentially challenging game isn't for a month and a half. They would be going for 100 at that point.

I seem to have misspelled second in the above. 2nd half, not 1st.

I know that the top womens teams play each other pretty regularly. But Geno put together an incredibly challenging schedule this year. 8 of 13 non-conference games against top 25 teams. Who does that? Yeah, I know that USF is a formidable opponent, but I don't see this team losing in conference. Barring a string of season ending injuries like the men have suffered, South Carolina in mid February is probably the only thing standing between them and a triple digit winning streak.

Reaction Score
Why can't we have nice things too? They can't lose and we can't win! Maybe the basketball gods will balance things out soon...

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
The girls are great but my view of the game is Maryland is pretty close. Maybe a roll player/ injured player away and that's pretty good. Not a huge talent gap that you usually
See with Uconn opponents.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I love how they are always referred to as "the girls team" but no one calls the men "the boys team." While we're being misogynistic, Katie Lou is very very good looking.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I love how they are always referred to as "the girls team" but no one calls the men "the boys team." While we're being misogynistic, Katie Lou is very very good looking.

FWIW, Kara Lawson used the term "girls" in her post-game interview of Geno (who always calls his players "guys").

Reaction Score
Always refer to them as girls and boys. My boys sounds like we're bringing it. While my men sounds a little creepy. But my girls don't play like girls, or women for that matter!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I call the teams The Girls and The Boys, always have.

Lou is one of three Div I basketball playing sisters. The other two, also recruited by Geno, went to Stanford. Geno said that Stanford got the rebounding sisters, lol. Nice family.

CrSEzVpUEAAiqX2.jpg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I call the teams The Girls and The Boys, always have.

Lou is one of three Div I basketball playing sisters. The other two, also recruited by Geno, went to Stanford. Geno said that Stanford got the rebounding sisters, lol. Nice family.

CrSEzVpUEAAiqX2.jpg

Wow. Cute sisters too.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
They cut off the ball so well, and with such purpose. And Geno always finds one big who can see the court from the top of the key and make those passes.

Really special coach. We've been incredibly lucky to have him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom