The girls are having fun.... | The Boneyard

The girls are having fun....

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Over the years, The UConn girls have really cleaned up nice. It helps that they are without distractions such as tats and piercings and over the top clothing, so that the faces are what stands out, and I think it's these things that makes them a really good looking team.

They really are pretty girls. My dad would have loved them...especially Courtney. My BF thinks that they are great players. That's why he's my BF.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
So - where are Edwards, Pulido, and Lawlor - maybe one is taking the picture but three are missing!
Great picture - looks like they are still having fun without Big Momma Stef leading the way!

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I'm surprised that someone hasn't pounced on the Twitter handles to derive the uniform numbers for (some of) the new players. It appears that we will have:

Kia Nurse #11 (although only one version of her handle indicated that -- does it indicate that Briana Pulido will get a different number?)
Gabby Williams #15
Courtney Ekmark #22

Natalie Butler was in the picture but wasn't mentioned. Sadie and the two so-called "walk-ons" were not present or mentioned.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I'm surprised that someone hasn't pounced on the Twitter handles to derive the uniform numbers for (some of) the new players. It appears that we will have:

Kia Nurse #11 (although only one version of her handle indicated that -- does it indicate that Briana Pulido will get a different number?)
Gabby Williams #15
Courtney Ekmark #22

Natalie Butler was in the picture but wasn't mentioned. Sadie and the two so-called "walk-ons" were not present or mentioned.
those are their "twitter numbers"... maybe their HS jersey numbers, as I mentioned recently they may wear the same number at UConn unless a "vet" already has it.

and over 4yrs these "frosh" turn into women... and its very noticeable. Check out Hartley over the years. Charde and Cash as well. looking good at UConn is nothing new

BTW they have more tats and piercing than you'll ever see, just not in public places

Reaction Score
So - where are Edwards, Pulido, and Lawlor - maybe one is taking the picture but three are missing!
Great picture - looks like they are still having fun without Big Momma Stef leading the way!
Actually, Moriah took the picture and dove back into the crowd before it completely snapped. And I don't mean she used a timer. She's just faaaaaaaaaaaast. :eek::eek:

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Actually, Moriah took the picture and dove back into the crowd before it completely snapped. And I don't mean she used a timer. She's just faaaaaaaaaaaast. :eek::eek:

Renowned heavyweight boxing champion Muhammad Ali was famous for his witty remarks which included humorous boasts such as this:

I’m so fast I hit the light switch in my room and jump into bed before my room goes dark.

Quote Investigator

Reaction Score
Renowned heavyweight boxing champion Muhammad Ali was famous for his witty remarks which included humorous boasts such as this:

I’m so fast I hit the light switch in my room and jump into bed before my room goes dark.

Quote Investigator
The original quote was from Sachel Paige of the old Negro League describing how good Negro League ball players were. He was referring to Cool Papa Bell who was such a fast base stealer that " When he turned the light off in his room he was under the sheets before the room was dark". Ali borrowed from the original.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
The original quote was from Sachel Paige of the old Negro League describing how good Negro League ball players were. He was referring to Cool Papa Bell who was such a fast base stealer that " When he turned the light off in his room he was under the sheets before the room was dark". Ali borrowed from the original.
Umm, if you had taken the time to follow my link, the article explains that the first known use of the quote was in 1917! The comedy team of Morin and Mack ( aka Two Black Crows) used the line in their comedy routine in 1919.

Reaction Score
WHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATT?

The Girls are Having FUN???

Someone file an NCAA violation form, quick!!!

Reaction Score
It's pretty clear from this picture that Kia Nurse is a few inches shorter than she is listed.
While on campus, I saw Nurse standing next to Ekmark and Stokes. Kia looked to be a shade taller than Courtney. Both are taller than Gabby. And if Kiah is 6'3, Kia looks to be a legitimate 6'.
I was not paying attention to footwear, but I doubt anyone was in heels as they were casually dressed.

Reaction Score
While on campus, I saw Nurse standing next to Ekmark and Stokes. Kia looked to be a shade taller than Courtney. Both are taller than Gabby. And if Kiah is 6'3, Kia looks to be a legitimate 6'.
I was not paying attention to footwear, but I doubt anyone was in heels as they were casually dressed.
That is my impression also. Hope this does't turn into an "issue".

Reaction Score
That is my impression also. Hope this does't turn into an "issue".
Height is always..... and let me repeat..... always an issue. It will be debated using pictures.... no matter how clear. People will use data from any location imaginable. So, height is an issue. Welcome to the Boneyard. :)

45 TO GO

Reaction Score
Height is always..... and let me repeat..... always an issue. It will be debated using pictures.... no matter how clear. People will use data from any location imaginable. So, height is an issue. Welcome to the Boneyard. :)

45 TO GO
Tony,

I have been reading this board for more years than I care to say. I was just amazed that someone could conclude from the picture that started this discussion about fun and could state that Kia Nurse is several inches shorter than she is listed.

Reaction Score

45 TO GO
I'll never understand the height thing. Aren't there bigger conspiracies to worry about, like who shot JFK?

Reaction Score
Tony,

I have been reading this board for more years than I care to say. I was just amazed that someone could conclude from the picture that started this discussion about fun and could state that Kia Nurse is several inches shorter than she is listed.
It's crazy. But most of the time it is all in fun. :)

Reaction Score
I just love our team. That picture shows a team that is invested in each other and developing a strong team bond. Great picture, girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom