The Geno Show Tonight | The Boneyard

The Geno Show Tonight

Reaction Score

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Freshman year is tough, but those who persevere and learn from it often get their names on the wall, in the media, and in the WNBA draft. Some will get their names in the Hall of Fame.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The thing I don't get is that in the clip this year's freshmen all seem taken aback at the intensity and how hard practice is when this is probably the most documented thing about UConn.

I'm totally in on this too. Like, surprise, surprise! Everything everyone has said is absolutely true. How many different players have to say: "I thought I was ready. I wasn't ready."

HGN

Reaction Score
After watching the clip I just hope the kids hang in there and don't break. It's tough hearing him get on you but if they stay with it they will be a lot better for it.
They have to understand that every upperclassman went through the same tough love.

The FANTASTIC FOUR have to put on their Super Hero persona and defeat the Wrath of Geno.

Reaction Score
The thing I don't get is that in the clip this year's freshmen all seem taken aback at the intensity and how hard practice is when this is probably the most documented thing about UConn.

Reading and hearing about is ------much different when YOU are compelled to do it, and hear a less than friendly voice telling you how bad you are, different!!

Reaction Score
After watching the clip I just hope the kids hang in there and don't break. It's tough hearing him get on you but if they stay with it they will be a lot better for it.
They have to understand that every upperclassman went through the same tough love.
The FANTASTIC FOUR have to put on their Super Hero persona and defeat the Wrath of Geno.
( Love this sentence)

This is where the Sophs and upper class men and Christine come in and do their work---don't listen to Geno's tone, listen to his training words--the more he's on you the better he thinks you are worth the effort. Once a kid realizes this is not a personal thing; training/practices become "bearable"!

Reaction Score
Was the trip to Italy before official practices started? If so at least that was kinda a sign of things to come.

Watching Geno mold the freshman even got me nervous and I'm in my 30's!!!! I give all the kids a ton of respect thst make it through the gauntlet!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom