The GENO I've seen over the years | The Boneyard

The GENO I've seen over the years

Reaction Score
All Uconn women’s basket ball fans must admit: GENO IS HUMAN.

He has won 12 National Championships in Womens College Basketball.

Coached a half dozen or so Women’s Basketball World Olympic Championships

Won more Conference Championships than I can count.

Mention, just the first name GENO, around the world –you get Uconn women’s Basketball as the reply.

3 things everyone forgets are: 1. He is human (I’ll address this in a minute) 2. He hates losing. 3. He is the most loyal Coach and Friend you’ll ever meet.

GENO, when you cut him he bleeds. When he loses, he morns. Like you and me, after a loss, he doesn’t like a mike in his face at that moment. He’s morning the loss. Geno for his lifetime has been an answer from his hip guy—straight as he feels it at the moment. I remember , 2002 ??, on the Hartford Capitol steps (or close by) in that moment of joy, he promised another NC the next year, I cringed, but he repeated it.

When he feels joy he wants the world to feel joy. When his down, that’s personal.

Geno relates to a lot of the kids he gets. His Philly time was like some of them have lived. On the transfers, they aren’t leaving because Geno doesn’t respect and love them—they can’t because, as brash as he can be in some moment—he’s a lover of kids, of people, of the game. The game that must be played with energy, fundamentals, and with the beauty of precision.

He’s human, so don’t expect him to rigidly follow his beliefs of 1989, or to not see the changes in cultures that is changing the way kids react to him. Intelligent people like Geno think and react (properly) to the changes around him. I really like the newer version of Geno. I don’t know for certain but either he, as he protests he doesn’t, reads the By or someone reads parts to him. I take my shots at Geno too, I’m a fan never the less. What he has done for Uconn and the game took a human of his personality.

Reaction Score
I don’t think we won a championship the year he promised. I think we got hit with injuries.

Reaction Score
I don’t think we won a championship the year he promised. I think we got hit with injuries.
Me either, that's why the ????? after the 2002. However that was at a Hartford Parade after winning the NC. I assumed that was obvious.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
All Uconn women’s basket ball fans must admit: GENO IS HUMAN.

He has won 12 National Championships in Womens College Basketball.

Coached a half dozen or so Women’s Basketball World Olympic Championships

Won more Conference Championships than I can count.

Mention, just the first name GENO, around the world –you get Uconn women’s Basketball as the reply.

3 things everyone forgets are: 1. He is human (I’ll address this in a minute) 2. He hates losing. 3. He is the most loyal Coach and Friend you’ll ever meet.

GENO, when you cut him he bleeds. When he loses, he morns. Like you and me, after a loss, he doesn’t like a mike in his face at that moment. He’s morning the loss. Geno for his lifetime has been an answer from his hip guy—straight as he feels it at the moment. I remember , 2002 ??, on the Hartford Capitol steps (or close by) in that moment of joy, he promised another NC the next year, I cringed, but he repeated it.

When he feels joy he wants the world to feel joy. When his down, that’s personal.

Geno relates to a lot of the kids he gets. His Philly time was like some of them have lived. On the transfers, they aren’t leaving because Geno doesn’t respect and love them—they can’t because, as brash as he can be in some moment—he’s a lover of kids, of people, of the game. The game that must be played with energy, fundamentals, and with the beauty of precision.

He’s human, so don’t expect him to rigidly follow his beliefs of 1989, or to not see the changes in cultures that is changing the way kids react to him. Intelligent people like Geno think and react (properly) to the changes around him. I really like the newer version of Geno. I don’t know for certain but either he, as he protests he doesn’t, reads the By or someone reads parts to him. I take my shots at Geno too, I’m a fan never the less. What he has done for Uconn and the game took a human of his personality.
I'm an unusual opposing fan in that I like Geno. I'm from Jersey, he's from Philly. I understand him and I understand how much he hates to lose. Successful people are rarely soft and cuddly. I sit very close to the opposing head coach, so I've seen him work up close.

Reaction Score
I'm an unusual opposing fan in that I like Geno. I'm from Jersey, he's from Philly. I understand him and I understand how much he hates to lose. Successful people are rarely soft and cuddly. I sit very close to the opposing head coach, so I've seen him work up close.
I like him also.

Reaction Score
I've never met anyone that did not hate losing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom