The Geno Auriemma Show 2-21-18 | The Boneyard

The Geno Auriemma Show 2-21-18

Reaction Score
You know something. This program is really put together well. The editing and uses of archival footage, game video, etc. are effectively integrated into a sound narrative, often organized around some theme. I don't know how they manage turn around such a polished final product so frequently. Additionally, Justine has developed into a very good sports journalist. She is well-presented and well-spoken.

But it is Geno's thoughtful and affable answers that really make this worthwhile viewing--and not only for fans of UConn or even basketball. Love his final comment on the proposition that "twelve is a nice number, no?":

"Uh, twelve? Uh, yeah, it's an even dozen. Yeah. But so's eleven. So's ten. So is one. I think any number but zero is a good number."

Reaction Score
not sure I have ever watched a GA show where coach is that calm throughout the whole show.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
You know something. This program is really put together well. The editing and uses of archival footage, game video, etc. are effectively integrated into a sound narrative, often organized around some theme. I don't know how they manage turn around such a polished final product so frequently. Additionally, Justine has developed into a very good sports journalist. She is well-presented and well-spoken.

But it is Geno's thoughtful and affable answers that really make this worthwhile viewing--and not only for fans of UConn or even basketball. Love his final comment on the proposition that "twelve is a nice number, no?":

"Uh, twelve? Uh, yeah, it's an even dozen. Yeah. But so's eleven. So's ten. So is one. I think any number but zero is a good number."
Agree with you that Ward is a good journalist but it's as a game reporter where her skills are better displayed. She was courageous enough to ask Geno about not playing Walker and Coombs...and smart enough to leave that provocative question to the end so she at least got a few answers before he ended the interview and left the court. That's good work.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
The new Geno Show is posted:

Geno has mellowed! Last night, after a game in which UCONN committed 20 turnovers against a vastly overmatched opponent, he almost gushed about the team. He seemed to be quite happy with the 47 points allowed, nothing special compared with any other AAC games, No mention of only 2 points scored outside of the big 6. This mellow carries over to the GENO Show. Should we be worried if practices turn into love-fests?

Reaction Score
Geno has mellowed! Last night, after a game in which UCONN committed 20 turnovers against a vastly overmatched opponent, he almost gushed about the team. He seemed to be quite happy with the 47 points allowed, nothing special compared with any other AAC games, No mention of only 2 points scored outside of the big 6. This mellow carries over to the GENO Show. Should we be worried if practices turn into love-fests?
I assume it's recorded before the game actually occurs...

Reaction Score

yes i agree, Justine is getting better. Kerith was still my favorite, had great chemistry talking with Geno, but Justine is now nearly as good!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Meg can attest to the fact that there is no basis for concern about the possibility of kumbaya at practices. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom