The Geno Auriemma Show - 1/24/2017 | The Boneyard

The Geno Auriemma Show - 1/24/2017

Reaction Score
Enjoyed the whole thing, especially the segment about being in the moment--the key to doing anything in life at the highest level possible. Excellent questions from Justine.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Great story and life lesson about a boy, a cannon, & the difference between training ( European) and practice (US).

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
The botched play at the end of the first half of the SMU game that Geno references? They scored. Lou hit a jumper. Most botched plays end in a TO.

Reaction Score
The botched play at the end of the first half of the SMU game that Geno references? They scored. Lou hit a jumper. Most botched plays end in a TO.
Further proof that Geno is concerned foremost about the quality of play--whether they score or not is always secondary.

Reaction Score
For someone who is so young (only graduated from ND 4 years ago), Justine Ward looks so comfortable (and gorgeous) in her role and makes me forget Kerith Burke already :)

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
About the 17:40 mark, while in the locker room, Lou was in her "California Nonsense" mode as she was barefoot and ready for a walk on the beach.

Reaction Score
About the 17:40 mark, while in the locker room, Lou was in her "California Nonsense" mode as she was barefoot and ready for a walk on the beach.
I noticed that too! But a lot of them had their shoes off... probably get sweaty!

Reaction Score
For someone who is so young (only graduated from ND 4 years ago), Justine Ward looks so comfortable (and gorgeous) in her role and makes me forget Kerith Burke already :)
I liked Kerith a lot better. Justine is a pretty girl, but she doesn't seem as spontaneous or comfortable in the role. Plus I always see little shamrocks in her eyes

Reaction Score
I liked Kerith a lot better. Justine is a pretty girl, but she doesn't seem as spontaneous or comfortable in the role. Plus I always see little shamrocks in her eyes
I'd give her another year or 2 of broadcasting before comparing to Kerith. It's like comparing a typical Uconn women's basketball freshman with a junior/senior Stewie.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
seems that SNY was looking for an exact replacement

Reaction Score
She's a domer and needs to go. We don't need someone behind enemy lines.
Justine was very uptight and stiff in her first appearances but I think she is getting more confident. She has a ways to go before matching Kerith.

Reaction Score
Justine was very uptight and stiff in her first appearances but I think she is getting more confident. She has a ways to go before matching Kerith.

Yeah, I really didn't like Justine at all earlier in the year, but I most say she has grown on me since then.

Reaction Score
She was afraid of being discovered like a spy in Moscow.

Reaction Score
I'd give her another year or 2 of broadcasting before comparing to Kerith. It's like comparing a typical Uconn women's basketball freshman with a junior/senior Stewie.
Great (and accurate) assessment!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The comparison of Kerith to Justine will be on going. I am not so sure broadcasting or ND has much to do with the comparison.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
She's a pretty woman, as is Kerith, and entirely competent, but lacks the rapport that Kerith had developed with Geno. It will come, but it takes time. Haven't seen the last Geno show, but I've enjoyed the others this season.

Reaction Score

Meghan was the best. She and Geno had amazingly insightful and revealing conversations over game film about each game. Those GA Shows were classic!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Meghan was the best. She and Geno had amazingly insightful and revealing conversations over game film about each game. Those GA Shows were classic!
tyrone-meme-generator-huh-say-what-f62524.jpeg

but of course, she practically lived with the Auriemma's

Reaction Score
On a different note, in at least two different Geno shows this season, there have been problems with Geno's mic going kooky. It happened in this episode when Geno was making his analogy about the kid in the play. Annoyingly low-rent. :(

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom