The Geno Auriemma Show 1/1/17 | The Boneyard

The Geno Auriemma Show 1/1/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

I could see where that little piece regarding KLS and what Geno said to her, along with the look on her face, could cause an issue with some people. I hope they get the intent, that Geno was trying to motive her and bring out a toughness in her but it did look a little hard and cold. KLS looked very vulnerable in that moment.

Reaction Score
Thanks for this MJL!

Geez - I don't know what all the fuss is about. "Lou - I can't give you a heart. I can draw a picture of one.....?" Whaaa... Poor Lou.

So what happened? What happened in the Maryland game? Maybe he CAN give you a heart...?

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
"I want them to get angry ... "

This is what happened to the 2001 team that lost to ND in semis. Tamika, Twin, Aisha, Sue, and Dee did this and steamrolled through the season to win in 2002.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
"I can draw a picture of a heart." I would wish every prospect who dreams of coming to UConn watches every on of these shows. This is how you exact greatness from your players, because greatness is the relentless pursuit of perfection. It is abusing your opponent for the 2 hours or so you are competing through teamwork, performance, focus, will power, toughness and a willingness to sell out on every play. Here with Geno is where it begins. A harsh taskmaster my friends.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Who is Z?

BTW, Apple Cider Vinegar is a great drink in the morning. Mix with honey, lemon juice and warm water.

Reaction Score
Geno always has said that his biggest fear is to not coach a player to their full potential. Specifically he was talking about Tina Charles and that he thought she'd be an All American all four years. In her third year he had a conversation with her about her achievements, or lack thereof. She eventually got to where he thought she should be, but it took a lot of work on both their parts, and of course CD.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
All the former players have been through the same thing. Like Geno, Rebecca, Kara and others have said "when Geno isn't saying anything, then you know it's a problem". According to some of the former players, Geno has turned soft :). Geno is an outstanding coach, and he tries to get all his players to play to their full potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom