The Gauntlet Continues - Wolfpack and Fresno State. What Does Progress Look Like After This Stretch? What Say You? | The Boneyard

The Gauntlet Continues - Wolfpack and Fresno State. What Does Progress Look Like After This Stretch? What Say You?

Reaction Score
Two more monsters to face off over the next two weeks. 38.5 dog against the Wolfpack. Heading toward 1-5 as expected. The question is what does progress look like heading into the FIU game on the 8th?
  1. Being competitive?
  2. Covering the spread?
  3. Scoring points?
  4. Not getting injured and remaining healthy?
  5. Playing time for the likes of Rosa?

What sets us up for some optimum heading into the "winnable" games at the back end of the season? We keep hearing the "needs time" argument. Need to see some improvement or glimmers of hope. I keep reading about how the back end of the schedule sets up for wins. What I am seeing does not portend well for these games. Do we honestly think we'll be favorites in any of these games? Your thoughts on how you see/view progress?

Reaction Score
-No more injuries to our current 2-deep players at skill positions (who are actually 3/4/5 deep players
-More experience/comfort running plays for above-mentioned players
-Zion throwing and completing some passes each game to WRs/TEs that are >5 yards past the LOS
-Secondary getting at least 1 INT and getting minimally burned on long throws
-Decreased mistakes on special teams
-No unforced fumbles by our RBs

Basically, cleaning up our mistakes and taking some baby steps forward with offense and defense. We do that, and we can probably be competitive vs. the weaker teams in the back half of our schedule. Maybe steal 2-3 wins?

Reaction Score
I’m not sure we’ll be favored in any of those games with the possible exception of UMass and that’ll probably be by only a couple of points due to home field. I think our best case scenario is finding a way to win 2 games. Probably will only get one.

Reaction Score
Two more monsters to face off over the next two weeks. 38.5 dog against the Wolfpack. Heading toward 1-5 as expected. The question is what does progress look like heading into the FIU game on the 8th?
  1. Being competitive?
  2. Covering the spread?
  3. Scoring points?
  4. Not getting injured and remaining healthy?
  5. Playing time for the likes of Rosa?

What sets us up for some optimum heading into the "winnable" games at the back end of the season? We keep hearing the "needs time" argument. Need to see some improvement or glimmers of hope. I keep reading about how the back end of the schedule sets up for wins. What I am seeing does not portend well for these games. Do we honestly think we'll be favorites in any of these games? Your thoughts on how you see/view progress?
I understand what we want to see, but the truth is little we will see the next two weeks is going to tell us that we're ready to compete with and/or beat the remaining dregs on the schedule. We will have to wait and see. Obviously, I don't want more injuries, especially at the skill positions.

Reaction Score
If we now have a couple of healthy QB's hopefully we will see more down field passing. Not talking about long bombs, just 10 to 15 yards from los. We have seen the OL blocking for the run, now better pass blocking so we can throw those 10 to 15 yard passes.

Reaction Score
I'm taking the Huskies plus the points. I feel we'll play better--after being in the Big House, the large and loud Wolfpack crowd shouldn't be as big of a surprise. I think our QB's will also play better. At the very least we'll score some!!

Reaction Score
-No more injuries to our current 2-deep players at skill positions (who are actually 3/4/5 deep players
-More experience/comfort running plays for above-mentioned players
-Zion throwing and completing some passes each game to WRs/TEs that are >5 yards past the LOS
-Secondary getting at least 1 INT and getting minimally burned on long throws
-Decreased mistakes on special teams
-No unforced fumbles by our RBs

Basically, cleaning up our mistakes and taking some baby steps forward with offense and defense. We do that, and we can probably be competitive vs. the weaker teams in the back half of our schedule. Maybe steal 2-3 wins?

For Zion to complete passes beyond the line of scrimmage, Charlton would first need to call plays that require him to throw beyond the first down sticks.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Not getting blown out by Fresno State, and still holding our heads high so that we can focus on FIU and Ball State.

Reaction Score
If we make it through the gauntlet without anymore significant injuries I'm optimistic about how we finish out. I don't think we'll see too much, if any, complacency allowed...not with this staff. No whoa is me

Reaction Score
Haener has a high ankle sprain. We may not see him on 10/1. IDK how good QB2 is.

Reaction Score
I understand what we want to see, but the truth is little we will see the next two weeks is going to tell us that we're ready to compete with and/or beat the remaining dregs on the schedule.
With all due respect .... Dregs on our schedule ??? Will The Boneyard face defamation or slander suits? :eek: ;)
Just having fun, no attack but nothing can be taken for granted in another crazy season.

Reaction Score
With all due respect .... Dregs on our schedule ??? Will The Boneyard face defamation or slander suits? :eek: ;)
Just having fun, no attack but nothing can be taken for granted in another crazy season.
We should worry if Ball State starts to roll. I read they did a good job rounding out their team this year. We won’t have edges in that game. Circle it on the calandar.

Reaction Score
Thoughts on Fresno so far…..good team but definitely down from last year….1-2….beat Cal Poly by 28….Cal Poly lost to an FCS school by 21….game temp not 120 like last year….should be a cool fall day….weather advantage UConn….they travel cross country…Don’t see a blowout….think we can stay close in the first half and then hope the confidence allows them to stay close in second half.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Moving the chains, protecting the ball, not giving up easy receptions.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom