OT: The GameTimeCT High School Football 2018 Top 10: | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: The GameTimeCT High School Football 2018 Top 10:

Reaction Score
This isn't true. Brookfield is always on the smaller side of class M. That's why they used to bounce between SS and M when there were six divisions.

Brookfield, Weston, Barlow, New Fairfield, Bethel, Stratford and Bunnell have all been in M recently. That's more than half the league. Bunnell goes up and down and Barlow goes up and down sometimes but they're all generally about the same size.
Sorry but you're wrong. I've attached the latest enrollments for every school in the state. Harding is Class L and Barlow, Stratford, Bethel, and Brookfield are not too far behind. As for Bunnell the school has 1104 students placing it firmly in Class L. Brookfield will be in Class L maybe within the next 2 or 3 years, my kids go to Huckelberry elementary and Whisconier Middle School and both schools are dealing with severe overcrowding. Young and middle aged couples with kids are moving into Brookfield and Bethel in droves. What's even more telling are differences in size between the freshman and senior classes at Bethel and Brookfield High.

http://ciacsports.com/site/?page_id=137

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sorry but you're wrong. I've attached the latest enrollments for every school in the state. Harding is Class L and Barlow, Stratford, Bethel, and Brookfield are not too far behind. As for Bunnell the school has 1104 students placing it firmly in Class L. Brookfield will be in Class L maybe within the next 2 or 3 years, my kids go to Huckelberry elementary and Whisconier Middle School and both schools are dealing with severe overcrowding. Young and middle aged couples with kids are moving into Brookfield and Bethel in droves. What's even more telling are differences in size between the freshman and senior classes at Bethel and Brookfield High.

http://ciacsports.com/site/?page_id=137
those aren't the football classes, Rob. Class M this year was 378-518 enrolled boys

League sorted by enrollment:

S (up to 377)
Notre Dame Fairfield - 242

M (378-518)
Brookfield - 415
New Fairfield - 427
Weston - 429
Barlow - 484
Stratford - 500
Bethel - 504

L (519-678)
Masuk - 529
Bunnell - 596
Pomperaug - 643

LL (679+)
New Milford (695)
Newtown (844)

As you can see, Brookfield is the smallest M team in the SWC. It would take a huge jump for them to be bumped to L. They are 38 kids from class S and 104 kids away from L. It's not even close.

Bunnell was also in class M in both 2015 and 2016. Masuk was almost in M this year.

Reaction Score
those aren't the football classes, Rob. Class M this year was 378-518 enrolled boys

S (up to 377)

M (378-518)
Brookfield - 415
New Fairfield - 427
Weston - 429
Barlow - 484
Stratford - 500
Bethel - 504

L (519-678)
Masuk - 529
Bunnell - 596
Pomperaug - 643

LL (679+)
New Milford (695)
Newtown (844)

As you can see, Brookfield is the smallest M team in the SWC. It would take a huge jump for them to be bumped to L. They are 38 kids from class S and 104 kids away from L. It's not even close.

Bunnell was also in class M in both 2015 and 2016. Masuk was almost in M this year.
They don't sort LL, L, M, and S by the number of kids that come out for the team. They sort it strictly by school boy enrollment, so "football classes" are irrelevant. If it did sort that way then Ansonia and Derby would rarely would have been Class S and a Class LL schools like Andrew Warde would rarely have been LL. It would also allow high school coaches to play games with the CIAC to get a more favorable class designation.

Reaction Score
They don't sort LL, L, M, and S by the number of kids that come out for the team. They sort it strictly by school boy enrollment, so "football classes" are irrelevant. If it did sort that way then Ansonia and Derby would rarely would have been Class S and a Class LL schools like Andrew Warde would rarely have been LL. It would also allow high school coaches to play games with the CIAC to get a more favorable class designation.
Scroll down for 2018 Football Divisions/Classes... http://ciacsports.com/site/?page_id=952

Reaction Score
What in the world are you talking about? The numbers I posted are for the total of boys enrolled. That's how they make the football classes. I am right. You are wrong. Take the L

Reaction Score
What in the world are you talking about? The numbers I posted are for the total of boys enrolled. That's how they make the football classes. I am right. You are wrong. Take the L
Sorry, I thought you were saying the number of kids who try out for the team is the "football class".

Reaction Score
Yeah I saw that medic, what's your point? If schools move up based in part on champion success on the field, then shouldn't Ansonia have been Class M or L for like the past 20 years?

The point is exactly what @JMick was saying - - moves up or down are based on the CIAC numbers. I just had the link handy as I was on CIAC site for another sport’s bracket for today’s games.

... and the Tournament Success factor only applies to “schools of choice”.

I’ll let you and @JMick go back to arguing who was right.

Reaction Score
The point is exactly what @JMick was saying - - moves up or down are based on the CIAC numbers. I just had the link handy as I was on CIAC site for another sport’s bracket for today’s games.

... and the Tournament Success factor only applies to “schools of choice”.

I’ll let you and @JMick go back to arguing who was right.
Thanks for the clarification....lol

"schools of choice"?.......whose choice?

It appears that the schoolboy numbers, CIAC numbers and "football class" numbers are the same, so no argument. I misunderstood what he meant by using the term football class. We do have a difference of opinion on Bunnell, Brookfield, and Bethel, especially where trends are concerned.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the clarification....lol

"schools of choice"?..whose choice?

It appears that the schoolboy numbers, CIAC numbers and "football class" numbers are the same, so no argument. I misunderstood what he meant by using the term football class. We do have a difference of opinion on Bunnell, Brookfield, and Bethel, especially where trends are concerned.
Brookfield has had 140+ boys in a senior class before. The trend you're talking about is a wave. It's been going up and down for 20 years. 110 in the freshman class is nothing.

Reaction Score

S (up to 377)

M (378-518)
Brookfield - 415
New Fairfield - 427
Weston - 429
Barlow - 484
Stratford - 500
Bethel - 504

L (519-678)
Masuk - 529
Bunnell - 596
Pomperaug - 643

LL (679+)
New Milford (695)
Newtown (844)

Ok I'll concede on Brookfield now this year, but that will change, and Bethel and Stratford could easily move up to Class L, even Barlow is not too far away. Bunnell however at 596 is firmly in Class L, and the numbers I posted for boys only and the numbers you posted are the same.

Reaction Score
Ok I'll concede on Brookfield now this year, but that will change, and Bethel and Stratford could easily move up to Class L, even Barlow is not too far away. Bunnell however at 596 is firmly in Class L, and the numbers I posted for boys only and the numbers you posted are the same.
I know Bunnell is class L but they do go up and down. See 2015 & 2016. That was only 2 years ago

Reaction Score
Brookfield has had 140+ boys in a senior class before. The trend you're talking about is a wave. It's been going up and down for 20 years. 110 in the freshman class is nothing.
No it's not a wave, when I see elementary schools in Brookfield getting portable class rooms for oncoming years it's more than just a wave. When the school board wants to build new permanent classrooms but gets shot down it's because it is seeing a trend. They're not looking at spending that kind of money because of a "wave".

Reaction Score
I know Bunnell is class L but they do go up and down. See 2015 & 2016. That was only 2 years ago
Ok got it. Bunnell made a solid move up to be firmly in Class L from M in 2 years as you pointed out, yet Brookfield can't make the same jump in "2 or 3 years". Yes it is impossible and you are right. Lol

Reaction Score
No it's not a wave, when I see elementary schools in Brookfield getting portable class rooms for oncoming years it's more than just a wave. When the school board wants to build new permanent classrooms but gets shot down it's because it is seeing a trend. They're not looking at spending that kind of money because of a "wave".
They've had portables for 20 years lol. Trust me, I know more about this than you do.

Reaction Score
They've had portables for 20 years lol. Trust me, I know more about this than you do.
At Huckleberry? No way, they're actually discussing putting them right on the soccer field when they tear down the old ones. If they haven't already. That may change though if the new school gets approved, but there will probably be a referendum on it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
:D:D:D
1542583587142.gif

Reaction Score
The Thanksgiving Week GameTimeCT / Register Top 10 Football Poll: Ansonia, Naugy ranked ahead of showdown
  1. Darien (LL) v. New Canaan (LL 7-2) in Stamford
  2. Greenwich (LL) v. Staples (LL 7-2) in Greenwich
  3. Hand (L) v. Guilford (L 6-3) in Madison
  4. Shelton (LL) v. Derby (S 4-5) in Shelton
  5. St. Joseph’s (M) at Trumbull (LL 5-4) in Trumbull
  6. Southington (LL) v. Cheshire (LL 3-6) in Southington
  7. Newtown (LL) v. Masuk (L 5-4) in Newtown
  8. New Britain (LL) n/a (season complete)
  9. Naugatuck (L) at Ansonia (S 9-0)
  10. Ansonia (S) v. Naugatuck (L 9-0)

Added Turkey day Games. I wonder how the forecasted record cold in Thursday will impact teams.

Reaction Score
There are only 3 remaining Turkey Day games in North Jersey, one (Kennedy v. Eastside in Patterson) has been moved to Wednesday night; but, that was done weeks ago before the forecast came out to try and increase attendance. Up by my folks in the Live Free or Freeze to Death state, Nashua North and Nashua South usually play Wednesday night. On Thursday, Manchester Central will play Manchester West on Thanksgiving along. It will be colder in the western hills though where Keene will be at Monadnock. The forecasted high in Swanzey, which is near my folk's place, is for a high of of 13 F with a 20 MPH breeze. That's a bit nippy even with fortified hot chocolate.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom