OT: The GameTimeCT High School Football 2018 Top 10: | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: The GameTimeCT High School Football 2018 Top 10:

Reaction Score
Westmark got a scholarship to Marist and was good enough to walk-on at UConn... Their scheme choice doesn't have anything to do with his ability lol
Yeah, I know the whole story. He was underutilized as a QB, though he did manage to set some passing records and I think made All State HM. On the 2008 team, yes they were a great team but many old timers tell me the 1995 team was better, but that's before we moved up here.

Reaction Score
Watched the highlights of Berlin vs Bloomfield. Berlin has some great players. Halkias has good size and speed. is he playing at the next level? St. Pierre also very talented. great hands high football IQ. Only a junior.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I know the whole story. He was underutilized as a QB, though he did manage to set some passing records and I think made All State HM. On the 2008 team, yes they were a great team but many old timers tell me the 1995 team was better, but that's before we moved up here.
The old timers will tell you that 95 was better because some of them ended up coaching at Brookfield and played on that team lol. I was only 4 so I don't know for sure which team was better, but the 2008 team was better than the Lutrus teams or the Drysdale teams. They were very balanced and very fast. They played with 5 all-state caliber LBs

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I don't see any way the coach isn't fired after the season. How do they not know who did it?
Agreed. It's one thing to protect your players it's another thing not to report their crimes.

Reaction Score
Agreed. It's one thing to protect your players it's another thing not to report their crimes.
My theory with asbolutely no knowledge of the situation is that the coaches were leading a pregame/halftime chant and they had kids banging on the lockers and the walls to make noise and in the process they beat the crap out of everything.

Reaction Score
My theory with asbolutely no knowledge of the situation is that the coaches were leading a pregame/halftime chant and they had kids banging on the lockers and the walls to make noise and in the process they beat the crap out of everything.

have to side with the Superintent in Wolcott on this one. This is not about 'snitching' as one parent stated. Its about accountability and standing-up to friends and foes alike about doing the right thing.

Reaction Score
When you play a cupcake schedule that can happen. Maybe they'll get back in if they beat Naugatuck.
It’s not their fault. That’s just the way their league & the state runs football. Very little flexibility

Reaction Score
It’s not their fault. That’s just the way their league & the state runs football. Very little flexibility
They should merge with Derby and then that combined school will go class L and then join the SCC.

Reaction Score

When the SCC was formed, it was mostly LL and L class schools and after a few years of getting whitewashed in many sports both Seymour and Derby left for the NVL, both of whom were founding members of the old Housatonic League.

Other two nearby leagues, FCIAC and SWC are also mostly LL and L schools.

The NVL, with mostly L and S schools, is challenged by demographics (shrinking population in many towns and below-low average income) that has made it hard for many of them to compete, especially in football. As it has worked out, of the large schools, only Nagatuck has been consistently above average in football, while the other competitive programs are S schools in Ansonia, Seymour, Oxford, Woodland, and Holy Cross (Oxford used to send its kids to Seymour while Woodland sent its kids to Seymour and Naugatuck). It's also wothwhole to note that that St. Joe's in Trumbull, Fairfield Prep, and ND West Haven all 'recruit' from the Valley, too. It's a tough spot.

Reaction Score
When the SCC was formed, it was mostly LL and L class schools and after a few years of getting whitewashed in many sports both Seymour and Derby left for the NVL, both of whom were founding members of the old Housatonic League.

Other two nearby leagues, FCIAC and SWC are also mostly LL and L schools.

The NVL, with mostly L and S schools, is challenged by demographics (shrinking population in many towns and below-low average income) that has made it hard for many of them to compete, especially in football. As it has worked out, of the large schools, only Nagatuck has been consistently above average in football, while the other competitive programs are S schools in Ansonia, Seymour, Oxford, Woodland, and Holy Cross (Oxford used to send its kids to Seymour while Woodland sent its kids to Seymour and Naugatuck). It's also wothwhole to note that that St. Joe's in Trumbull, Fairfield Prep, and ND West Haven all 'recruit' from the Valley, too. It's a tough spot.
The SWC is mostly class M schools. Ansonia should seriously consider joining the SCC or SWC. With the SCC their scheduling opportunities are endless.

Reaction Score
The SWC is mostly class M schools. Ansonia should seriously consider joining the SCC or SWC. With the SCC their scheduling opportunities are endless.

The Valley is very loyal to each other. Can't take just Ansonia without taking several other NVL schools, primarily Derby, Seymour, and Naugatuck. Ansonia and Naugatuck have been playing Thanksgiving football since the late 1800's. Let's say the SWC takes the most attractive NVL schools and divides into 3 divisions:
  • Class S: 1) Ansonia, 2) Woodland, 3) Seymour, 4) Holy Cross, 5) Oxford, 6) Derby, 7) ND Fairfield
  • Class M: 1) Brookfield, 2) Wolcott, 3) Weston, 4) New Fairfield, 5) Joel Barlow, 6) Waterford, 7) Stratford, 8) Bethel
  • Class LL/L: 1) Naugatuck 3) Bunnell, 4) Masuk, 5) Pomperaug, 6) Newtown, 7) New Milford
This would work. Though, I wish each school luck getting to a Friday night game along I-84 on time. But, the question then becomes what happens to the less attractive schools, primarily the 3 Waterbury high schools and those north?

Reaction Score
The Valley is very loyal to each other. Can't take just Ansonia without taking several other NVL schools, primarily Derby, Seymour, and Naugatuck. Ansonia and Naugatuck have been playing Thanksgiving football since the late 1800's. Let's say the SWC takes the most attractive NVL schools and divides into 3 divisions:
  • Class S: 1) Ansonia, 2) Woodland, 3) Seymour, 4) Holy Cross, 5) Oxford, 6) Derby, 7) ND Fairfield
  • Class M: 1) Brookfield, 2) Wolcott, 3) Weston, 4) New Fairfield, 5) Joel Barlow, 6) Waterford, 7) Stratford, 8) Bethel
  • Class LL/L: 1) Naugatuck 3) Bunnell, 4) Masuk, 5) Pomperaug, 6) Newtown, 7) New Milford
This would work. Though, I wish each school luck getting to a Friday night game along I-84 on time. But, the question then becomes what happens to the less attractive schools, primarily the 3 Waterbury high schools and those north?
Naugatuck has a storied football tradition, back in the early 70's, 60's, and before that they had a great annual rivalry with Roger Ludlowe of Fairfield.

Reaction Score
The SWC wouldn't take those teams. They'd take Oxford back and Ansonia. That's probably it. But Oxford left already because they couldn't compete in the league and Tom likes his cupcake schedule so it's probably not going to happen anyway.

If we ever went to a district model, though, these wouldn't be that far off

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
You are so right! I'm a proud Valley alum (Shelton - ripper!) and I hate all other Valley schools - until someone outside the Valley messes with them. Then we are all together against the common enemey. We're like a bunch of Scot highland clans. Now, I live in a tony Boston suburb where I'm the only guy who takes a leak on my front lawn. As I told my wife, THEY have a problem, not me!

Reaction Score
You are so right! I'm a proud Valley alum (Shelton - ripper!) and I hate all other Valley schools - until someone outside the Valley messes with them. Then we are all together against the common enemey. We're like a bunch of Scot highland clans. Now, I live in a tony Boston suburb where I'm the only guy who takes a leak on my front lawn. As I told my wife, THEY have a problem, not me!

Don't mess with Shelton or they'll burn their own town down!

Reaction Score
Pretty sure Newtown, New Milford, Pomperaug, Masuk, and Bunnell are all either LL or L. Brookfield, Stratford and Barlow are in the high upper tier concerning enrollment in Class M, not sure about Weston but they did have a good team this year. The only really small school in the conference is ND of Fairfield.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure Newtown, New Milford, Pomperaug, Masuk, and Bunnell are all either LL or L. Brookfield, Stratford and Barlow are in the high upper tier concerning enrollment in Class M, not sure about Weston but they did have a good team this year. The only really small school in the conference is ND of Fairfield.
This isn't true. Brookfield is always on the smaller side of class M. That's why they used to bounce between SS and M when there were six divisions.

Brookfield, Weston, Barlow, New Fairfield, Bethel, Stratford and Bunnell have all been in M recently. That's more than half the league. Bunnell goes up and down and Barlow goes up and down sometimes but they're all generally about the same size.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom