The future is very bright | The Boneyard

The future is very bright

Reaction Score
As we maneuver through this injury-riddled season, I can't help but think of next year when IMP we will be the number-ranked team with at least 9 future WNBA stars on the team... Paige...Azzi...Aliyah...Patterson....Brady...Ducharme...KK Arnold...Shade....Nika....and if Jana along with Amari can reach their potential that would be 11. This revelation should have the husky nation anxious with anticipation for another Uconn run especially if Paige stays another year...just food for thought....What do you think?

Reaction Score
It is a cycle …..ours is coming around again….top teams are graduating their bigs and their top players….and our blue bloods will step up. Injuries are part of the game but I have a feeling next year is our year. Hope is eternal. And reality is we will be loaded for bear.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Geez, that seems a bit pessimistic. Don't write off this season. I'm looking forward to and fervently hoping that UConn will have a healthy roster this spring. If that happens, all the "experts" who are writing them off may experience some degree of apoplexy.

Reaction Score
Looking forward to next year has become an annual tradition. Grew up a Brooklyn Dodgers fan. “Wait till next year” was our mantra.

The difference is that the Huskies have a long history of championships. Unlike the Dodgers who had to wait unit 1955 for theirs

Reaction Score
There is still plenty to look forward to this season even though the chances for a NC dropped significantly after PBs injury (just being honest). However, it is still possible and the talent level from the remaining players is at worst 3rd best if everyone else can get and stay healthy.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
The difference is that the Huskies have a long history of championships. Unlike the Dodgers who had to wait unit 1955 for theirs
Well, UCONN started their program in 1974, and went 21 years before they won a Championship.

Reaction Score
UConn women have a great formula and recruit very well. The past will be revisited soon.

If a problem exists it's that all college teams are getting better, Division 11 plays much like Division 1 teams ranked 15 - whatever. Players are more turned in and players dedicate themselves year round. Just watch the amazing dribbling, drop steps etc. If a player misses a year early in their collegiate career, they have a steep road to return to the level they left and other talent is growing quickly.

What isn't growing IMO is the consistent calling of game amid annual rule changes that try to keep pace with last year's problems. No easy answer. Flopping and lengthy replays are a much-needed focus.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Don't take anything for granted. This year should have taugh all of us that. But savor every good moment.

My seminar on the best cliches will begin at 3 in the Huskies Lounge.

Reaction Score
As we maneuver through this injury-riddled season, I can't help but think of next year when IMP we will be the number-ranked team with at least 9 future WNBA stars on the team... Paige...Azzi...Aliyah...Patterson....Brady...Ducharme...KK Arnold...Shade....Nika....and if Jana along with Amari can reach their potential that would be 11. This revelation should have the husky nation anxious with anticipation for another Uconn run especially if Paige stays another year...just food for thought....What do you think?
You do realize that we are making the Final Four again this year? At full strength, meaning Azzi and everyone else healthy, that's not out for the season, we can beat anyone. It may not seem to be that way due to brutal and improvident scheduling thus far, but it is. Wait till February. That's Geno metamorphosis time for the team.

I thought about this year the way you are thinking about next year. With injuries so prevalent in this sport I have learned to concentrate only on the here and now.

Reaction Score
There is still plenty to look forward to this season even though the chances for a NC dropped significantly after PBs injury (just being honest). However, it is still possible and the talent level from the remaining players is at worst 3rd best if everyone else can get and stay healthy.
I'll just bypass the PB comment and engage in unbridled optimism for 17.5 seconds:

I will do the greatest touchdown dance in history when Nika leads this team to NC #12

There, now I feel better. Heart rate returning to normal, wheezing and coughing beginning to subside.

Reaction Score
You do realize that we are making the Final Four again this year? At full strength, meaning Azzi and everyone else healthy, that's not out for the season, we can beat anyone. It may not seem to be that way due to brutal and improvident scheduling thus far, but it is. Wait till February. That's Geno metamorphosis time for the team.

I thought about this year the way you are thinking about next year. With injuries so prevalent in this sport I have learned to concentrate only on the here and now.
I'm with you. I always am amazed at the negatism of some posters when things happen. I ALWAYS THINK POSITIVE. Uconn has a history that , if anything, don't count Uconn out. When Paige came back last year we made it to the finals and lost to the better team in that game for that time and Paige was the inspiration that got us there. Come March, GOD willing we will be at full strength and a match with any team out there. Uconn has tradition and history on it's side and a once in a lifetime coach that has no equal. Have faith and believe. I do not think we will not win until the game ends and the other team scored more than Uconn. GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
What do you mean? :confused: Women's College Basketball didn't start until 1995.
Well said. Uconn's first NC that put Women's basketball on the map.Also thanks to Tennessee who was the No.1 team in the country at that time. Women's basketball was finally noticed as being as good as the men's. The rest is just history. GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
Look it up! They had a team in 1974.
Women's basketball was an after thought from the first year and I don't think they had a winning season until Geno got there. He had one losing season, his first year 85/86 and none since. He has won more than 1000 games more than he has lost. And since 93/94 UConn has only had 5 seasons where they have lost 5 or more games. And CD has been there every step of the way.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Not wanting to rain on your parade because you are certainly allowed to dream dreams about things to come. UConn is only 10 games in to a 29 game season. They have a lot of basketball yet to play. 19 more games. Anything can happen.

I can’t look to next year before those games are played.......unless you are throwing in the towel on this season. We’ve got 7 long months or about 213 days after final 4 weekend until our exibition game in November. That’s more than enough time to dream and fantasize about next year.

We’ve got games right in front of us that we need to focus on. With 3 players down, and a couple at less than 100 percent, I’m not taking anything or any team for granted. UConn lost two games they would not have had they been at full strength. We get every team's best effort. When you have nothing to lose, you can play fast and loose when you’re not expected to win. When you do, sometimes the ball bounces your way.

With all due respect, I’m more concerned about our game tomorrow and those during the rest of the season than whatever fortunes await us next year. Right now I’m wondering if Geno can put 5 starters on the floor that are relatively healthy, and play at a sustained level for 40 minutes. I’m looking into the future also........to tomorrow’s game.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom