"The Founder" | The Boneyard

"The Founder"

Reaction Score
If anyone has not seen this, I recommend it. Michael Keaton's best performance of his career, and good support from Laura Dern as Ethel Kroc. Nick Offerman and John Carroll Lynch as the McDonald's brothers are terrific. Kroc's 2nd marriage is completely written out of the script which I assume to shorten the length of the film, which is one of the few knocks by critics.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If anyone has not seen this, I recommend it. Michael Keaton's best performance of his career, and good support from Laura Dern as Ethel Kroc. Nick Offerman and John Carroll Lynch as the McDonald's brothers are terrific. Kroc's 2nd marriage is completely written out of the script which I assume to shorten the length of the film, which is one of the few knocks by critics.

I'll give a look. I always liked the story of how Krock, who was selling a muliple making milkshake machine at the time, saw the value and potential of McDonalds. Also love how the backhanded compliment of making the franchise a clown and naming it after one of the founders.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I’ve been meaning to check this out.
Is it on Netflix?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's a good watch. Why do all these guys who hit big turn out to be lying bastards? Is that what it takes?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Never mind. I didn't realize that Cardellini played wife #3

Reaction Score
It's a good watch. Why do all these guys who hit big turn out to be lying bastards? Is that what it takes?
That reminds me, does anyone remember the SNL bit with Steve Martin circa 1977 or 78 with Martin going on location to Beverly Hills to go to Ray Kroc's mansion? Martin's standing outside the big iron gates, and yells at the top of his lungs toward the mansion "HEY KROC, COME ON OUT".

Martin was unique in his younger days.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom