The five best conference games in each of the major conferences this season | The Boneyard

The five best conference games in each of the major conferences this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
The five best conference games in each of the major conferences this season

UCONN.png
3. UConn at Cincinnati (Feb. 4). I think the Huskies are going to be the best team in the league this season, but winning at Cincy is really tough. Should be a physical game, as it usually is between these two. The Bearcats should be in the NCAAs yet again. Mick Cronin is on the short list of most underrated coaches in America. Cincinnati name to know: Troy Caupain, who will likely be All-AAC First Team.

UCONN.png
5. SMU at UConn (Feb. 25). The Ponies had the best offense in the league last year. UConn was the best without the ball, and I think again is going to be the best team on defense the American has to offer. Both teams should be on pace for single-digit seeds by this point, but no matter. This will be a fun one. Question here is, who's UConn's MVP at this point. Amida Brimah? Jalen Adams? Rodney Purvis? SMU's Ben Moore is probably the best player in the league you don't know enough about -- yet.

Reaction Score
These kind of lists basically make me want to throw up especially when you consider that when we were in the OBE those would have been lower profile conference games (if SMU was in). This is not to say they aren't reasonably tough foes and good games but it's hard to get jacked up over them.

Reaction Score
UConn v Cincy is the only semblance of a semi-long-term rivalry in this conference, along with likely being the two best teams this year. This list doesn't make much sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom