The first Seton Hall game. | The Boneyard

The first Seton Hall game.

Reaction Score
They shot 50% from the field. 50% from the arc. 87% from the foul line scoring 27 points (27-31). This was one of our worst defensive efforts of the year.

On offense it was the Gaffney game. He scored 20 points. Sanogo had 12 points and fouled out. Whaley has 2 points in 30 minutes and 4 fouls. Carlton played 5 minutes and put up a goose egg. We shot 47% from the floor and 31% (6-19) from the arc. Of course, Bouk didn't play.

They were very good inside (especially Mamu) and at getting to the line. Picking up the defense without fouling will be important if the Huskies are to win. And we need more than 12 points from the 5. Just transfer Gaffney's 20 to Bouk and the offense should be as good or better.

Box Score. Seton Hall vs. UConn - Box Score - February 6, 2021 - ESPN

Reaction Score
There was the magic number where Seton Hall was undefeated when they scored more than 70. Their offense has stunk since then, so I like our chances.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
as long as it's not decided at the FT line, I like our chances.

Reaction Score
I seem to vaguely remember that we may have been missing one of our decent/serviceable players during that game, too.

Meh...I doubt it would have any influence on the outcome of the game when we play them again this week.

Reaction Score
Seton Hall seems like they are on the edge of collapse. That said, on paper I've always thought they should be good. They also pass the eye test with their bigs and athleticism.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Willard has a week to prepare Hall for this game, which will have some fans in attendance too. Doomed.

Reaction Score
Whaley, in particular, has to avoid foul trouble. He's the one guy in the rotation that matches up with Mamu at all given his outside-in abilities plus his post-up game. We need his best defensive game of the year.

Akok could play him outside, but probably can't handle him down low. And, at most, we'd probably get 5-6 minutes out of him. Polley wouldn't be able to keep him off the blocks.

Maybe Jackson would be long, strong and bouncy enough to give him trouble down low too. But it would be a tough assignment with the size difference and AJ's propensity for fouling.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Whaley, in particular, has to avoid foul trouble. He's the one guy in the rotation that matches up with Mamu at all given his outside-in abilities plus his post-up game. We need his best defensive game of the year.

Akok could play him outside, but probably can't handle him down low. And, at most, we'd probably get 5-6 minutes out of him. Polley wouldn't be able to keep him off the blocks.

Maybe Jackson would be long, strong and bouncy enough to give him trouble down low too. But it would be a tough assignment with the size difference and AJ's propensity for fouling.

Let's put Springs on Mamu. He scores over the top of Whaley inside. I'm a proponent of fouling him hard, taking away his shooting rhythm. But the big fella is going to get his. We can't let Cale shoot 7-13 and 3-6 from 3 again for 20 points.

Reaction Score
This is a desperation game for Seton Hall. Don't underestimate that. This would be a big win for either side.
Plus, its seems like every team has their best game against us when in this situation.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Let's put Springs on Mamu. He scores over the top of Whaley inside. I'm a proponent of fouling him hard, taking away his shooting rhythm. But the big fella is going to get his. We can't let Cale shoot 7-13 and 3-6 from 3 again for 20 points.
Yeah let’s put the redshirt freshman who has played 3 minutes this year on the best forward in the conference, in the biggest game of the year. What could go wrong lol

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yeah let’s put the redshirt freshman who has played 3 minutes this year on the best forward in the conference, in the biggest game of the year. What could go wrong lol

He could be long, athletic, bother Manu and expend fouls to save the other guys. I don't actually think he will play.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
There was the magic number where Seton Hall was undefeated when they scored more than 70. Their offense has stunk since then, so I like our chances.
There three point shooting definitely has been off. I think that was there best game all year. We need to get out on them so that they aren't comfortable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom