The Embrace | The Boneyard

The Embrace

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"Their eyes met from across a midcourt circle on a hardwood floor: the 62-year-old coach, who had just won his 314th game at Gampel Pavilion in Storrs, Connecticut, and the 18-year-old freshman, who had just won her first. Geno Auriemma and Crystal Dangerfield smiled, took a step or two toward one another and then warmly embraced. Some Huskies go four years without such an overt display of affection from a coach, much less from the demanding Auriemma."

The Huskies somehow got their 77th win

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
"Their eyes met from across a midcourt circle on a hardwood floor: the 62-year-old coach, who had just won his 314th game at Gampel Pavilion in Storrs, Connecticut, and the 18-year-old freshman, who had just won her first. Geno Auriemma and Crystal Dangerfield smiled, took a step or two toward one another and then warmly embraced. Some Huskies go four years without such an overt display of affection from a coach, much less from the demanding Auriemma."

I couldn't find any pictures of the embrace, so I took some screencaps:

Geno & Crystal.png

Geno & Crystal2.png

Reaction Score

A quote from that article:

During one particularly contentious practice in 2001, Auriemma halted a scrimmage to quote a scene from the film The Rock about the venal sin of just trying your best. “Remember what Sean Connery said about ‘just try your best,’” Auriemma said, “‘Losers always whine about their best. Winners—

“‘Go home and *#!@ the prom queen,’” Bird interrupted, quoting the film verbatim. A smile spread across Auriemma’s face.

The mental image of a young Sue Bird saying that, regardless of the context, is pretty hilarious to me. :D

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Those two plays by Dangerfield in the 4th quarter (the spectacular drive and layup and the kiss high off the glass) were nothing short of electric. I can't remember the last time I saw a freshman make such an exciting breakout performance against a big-name opponent.

Reaction Score
I think Geno sort of gave Saniya a half-hug after the Maryland game last year.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Heck, he kissed Kaleena after the SCAR game two years ago. It was as she was coming out. I think it was that game.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
I remember when he hugged Bria Hartley and gave her a big kiss on the top of her head after she hit a couple of threes to seal a win against Florida State. Bria had a hilarious response when asked about the kiss at the post-game press conference. "He's Italian, what can I say," she replied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom