the elephant in the room | The Boneyard

the elephant in the room

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
TOP BIG EAST PROSPECTS
guess not. a complete "0 fer" from these 'experts.'
rather pathetic. i don't know why, do you? could it be that there are actually a lot of top ballers playing in conferences that don't play in madison square at the end of their seasons?
and the one guy selected, our guy, isn't even on that 'experts' list.

Reaction Score
Don't know what you're huffin'. We have two guys on this list.
Pick a list, any list, there's hundreds of 'em.
NBA is all good for reppin' but I'll take NCAA wins every time, thank you.

1656520265492.png

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
ol Diogenes of Sinope was reported to have said, when Alexander The Great came to visit him as he was chillin in the square, 'yo, bro, could you move? you're between me and the rays, and im working on my tan here.'
something like that.
in before more arrows are pointed at me for stating the obvious truth.
i didn't cause nothin, im just stating a fact and asking 'why?'

hey D! what say u? am i wastin my time on this?
“Dogs and philosophers do the greatest good and get the fewest rewards.”
“I am Diogenes the Dog. I nuzzle the kind, bark at the greedy and bite scoundrels.”

showin some yankee roots on this one,
“What I like to drink most is wine that belongs to others.”

looks like i got the first one a bit wrong,
“I have nothing to ask but that you would remove to the other side, that you may not, by intercepting the sunshine, take from me what you cannot give.”

Reaction Score
TOP BIG EAST PROSPECTS
guess not. a complete "0 fer" from these 'experts.'
rather pathetic. i don't know why, do you? could it be that there are actually a lot of top ballers playing in conferences that don't play in madison square at the end of their seasons?
and the one guy selected, our guy, isn't even on that 'experts' list.
6 of those 10 weren't even eligible for the draft, so I don't know why you're using that site...

Obviously Big East had a down year for the draft. But also had a team make the Final 4, another make the sweet 16, and another team give the best game of the tournament to the eventual champ.

Reaction Score
I will agree with CS on one point
Despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. The BY has a hard core group who belittle any player who doesn’t play in a mythical P6 conference . It’s fine to be a homer and I get a P6 designation indicates your at the cool kids table but basketball is not the elitist sport football is., iIs the peoples game , greatness can emerge from many places. It’s the beauty of the game.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Diogenes-And-His-Response-To-Alexander-Alexander-The-Great-Diogenes-Diogenes-Quotes.jpg

u people hate history. i hope josh becomes mvp of the nba all-star game, and then gets elected sheriff of Harris County.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Don't know what you're huffin'. We have two guys on this list.
Pick a list, any list, there's hundreds of 'em.
NBA is all good for reppin' but I'll take NCAA wins every time, thank you.

View attachment 77250
I agree - I'll take NCAA wins - let's start that trend again sometime soon - please

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
what's Diogenes mean when he said 'i am Diogenes the dog?'
i sure as heck ain't no cynic. i find most people in the US to be decent, and smart enuf to handle their own bitness. at his times, folks slapped the 'cynic' brand on him, and he ran with it.

History and Etymology for cynic

'Middle French or Latin, Middle French cynique, from Latin cynicus, from Greek kynikos, literally, like a dog, from kyn-, kyōn dog — more at HOUND'

now, mebbe u learned something, which is more than i got out of this thread which simply asked 'why did the big east stink so horrifically bad in the draft?'
prolly should of known that a whole bunch of beagle'n would happen instead of any thoughtful responses. guess i'm just barking up the wrong tree. whatever, i'm still gonna whiz on it.

and as far as that dovebar guys post -stick it in ur ear. lol.

Reaction Score
I will agree with CS on one point
Despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. The BY has a hard core group who belittle any player who doesn’t play in a mythical P6 conference . It’s fine to be a homer and I get a P6 designation indicates your at the cool kids table but basketball is not the elitist sport football is., iIs the peoples game , greatness can emerge from many places. It’s the beauty of the game.

How in the world can one know whether or not he agrees with CS on anything? That requires being able to understand the crap that falls off his keyboard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom