The Duffy Article | The Boneyard

The Duffy Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's simply the key to the season. I'd like to link and quote Bennet but just had shoulder operated on this morning. Awesome quote.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
"Guys would get to the line and not know what the hell they're doing" - I may not know football, but I know when I see confusion and lack of leadership, and we now know our eyes weren't lying to us. Recall seeing it at Vandy live and tried to convince myself its just learning curve with new staff.

Reaction Score
"Guys would get to the line and not know what the hell they're doing" - I may not know football, but I know when I see confusion and lack of leadership, and we now know our eyes weren't lying to us. Recall seeing it at Vandy live and tried to convince myself its just learning curve with new staff.

This was visible to everyone but PGDL, John Silver, Ed D and Desmond Conner.

Reaction Score
desmondconner
3:55pm via Tweet Button
With Foley Back At Helm, UConn's Offensive Line Ready To Hit fw.to/SR24TOc
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-uconn-football-1017-20131016,0,21790.story

>>He came in like, 'We've been playing a little soft and I'm going to try to get you guys to be more physical and we're going to hit the sled every day this week.'

"We hit the sled every day. When DeLeone took over, we did not touch the sled. It was just his coaching style, nothing against him. He's a good coach, knew what he was doing. I guess guys have a little more of an inkling for being physical and not being such a brainiac. ... Come off the ball and hit somebody in the mouth."<<

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Granted, I haven't practiced in pads since Jimmy Carter was very early in his presidency (and I was a DB) but how the F&$K is it possible that an offensive line coach doesn't have his players use a blocking sled in practice?

Reaction Score
What a sad, sad day when Hathaway decided to hire P. It was his only major coaching hire. Smh.

Reaction Score
FWIW:

The majority of NFL offensive lines do not use blocking sleds in practices, and they do just fine.

There are lots of coaches that don't use sleds - especially IN season.

My little haiku last week didn't go unnoticed by some, but the whole point, was that in coaching, to get the best out of your players, you have to be age, and skill level appropriate in your techniques.

Blocking sleds - are what this offensive line trained on under Foley. It was the first thing he brought back onto the practice fields. Players grow to hate them, but they work.

the old coach brought the sleds back out, and the team started running again. Not rocket science.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I would like to hear from the anonymous clown who mocked those that thought Foley would make this line look competent again.

I don't know about anonymous, but I sure as hell remember UC990411 giving me a hell of a time on the "Reinstate Foley" thread:

"I honestly can't believe this still gets bumped. Foley isn't going to fix this mess, idiots"
So on that note, a toast to all of my fellow idiots that were correct about Foley fixing the mess... ;)

Reaction Score
I'm still more surprised that Foley didn't leave in the meantime. I don't think I could have stayed on staff to watch them ruin what I built.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
I don't know about anonymous, but I sure as hell remember UC990411 giving me a hell of a time on the "Reinstate Foley" thread:

"I honestly can't believe this still gets bumped. Foley isn't going to fix this mess, idiots"
So on that note, a toast to all of my fellow idiots that were correct about Foley fixing the mess... ;)

Cheers!

Signed,
Fellow "idiot"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members