The Dude of WV 12/9 | The Boneyard

The Dude of WV 12/9

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I only checked his timeline because someone posted a link of twitter. How does anyone contribute to giving this guy any legitimacy.

He has the Big 10 stopping at 18... for now. It's almost impossible to put together what he is claiming:

Only Georgia Tech reluctance to join the Big 10 is keeping the ACC alive. GT and BC are 15 and 16 to Big 10. If Georgia Tech passes, the Big 10 will take Boston College and another, this leads FSU to leave over the addition of UConn. (only confirmed with 3 sources!)
Virginia Tech is talking to the Big 12.
The SEC is focusing on Duke and North Carolina, the SEC isn't considering VPI.
The Big 12 is set to expand despite the objections of Texas.
FSU has an open invitation to the Big 12, but wants to join the Big 10.
Jim Delany (age 64) is happy to wait out the 13 year Big 12 GOR so when he is 77 he can put the Big 12 out of business.
He wants the ACC to survive - but is afraid to write about it.

Reaction Score
I certainly hope he is wrong. Unless we're going to the B1G with BC
But at this point we have little to br optimistic about.

Reaction Score
Any reason? I can't really see why we should. What's he been right about?

I should clarify...I don't believe him, at all. I think whaler was trying to make the point that the guy is flying off the deep end. I know I am so fed up with the balogne he puts out as news it makes me think everything he says is so wrong that there is now a better chance we go to B1G.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah I think he's cracking. All he wanted was attention, but he knows he needs to keep making up even more stuff to keep the attention coming - he's collapsing like a star.

By read of his tweets he is more connected than any member of the media. He can confirm rumors that don't exist with three sources.

When you start alluding that talking about conference realignment on twitter puts you in harm's way it is time for an impatient stay.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
This is what happens when conference realignment settles into its lull for a year. Think about it, last year after Syracuse and Pitt and WVU left everyone was predicting every school going somewhere else. Then it started to die down and slow and people forgot about it until UMD and RU left for the B1G and it all starts up again. This will all pass and this board will decline in posts and then in a year we'll all join up again and have another meltdown!

Reaction Score
If the B1G wants BCU over us then we just need to shut down the program.

We can just keep coming to the BY to click on ads to help send Fishy's kid to college.

Reaction Score
He surely is aware that the Big 12 GOR is designed to reup itself over and over, so it's not just wait until it's over, it re-extends continually.

Reaction Score
I'm with BL in this one. It was one team when were still with RU. ITS another after we just watched what may have been best our opportunity ti by the wayside.

Reaction Score
I only checked his timeline because someone posted a link of twitter. How does anyone contribute to giving this guy any legitimacy.

He has the Big 10 stopping at 18... for now. It's almost impossible to put together what he is claiming:

Only Georgia Tech reluctance to join the Big 10 is keeping the ACC alive. GT and BC are 15 and 16 to Big 10. If Georgia Tech passes, the Big 10 will take Boston College and another, this leads FSU to leave over the addition of UConn. (only confirmed with 3 sources!)
Virginia Tech is talking to the Big 12.
The SEC is focusing on Duke and North Carolina, the SEC isn't considering VPI.
The Big 12 is set to expand despite the objections of Texas.
FSU has an open invitation to the Big 12, but wants to join the Big 10.
Jim Delany (age 64) is happy to wait out the 13 year Big 12 GOR so when he is 77 he can put the Big 12 out of business.
He wants the ACC to survive - but is afraid to write about it.

It's satire of something really arcane.

Reaction Score
He surely is aware that the Big 12 GOR is designed to reup itself over and over, so it's not just wait until it's over, it re-extends continually.

Not that I believe the Dude, but a grant of rights only extends if schools want to extend them. In the hypothetical scenario where the Big 10 wants schools from the Big 12, it surely would at least let that be known beforehand without simply waiting for the grant of rights to expire. Then those schools can choose not to extend their grant of rights.

Reaction Score
Not that I believe the Dude, but a grant of rights only extends if schools want to extend them. In the hypothetical scenario where the Big 10 wants schools from the Big 12, it surely would at least let that be known beforehand without simply waiting for the grant of rights to expire. Then those schools can choose not to extend their grant of rights.
True, but from what I've read, the B12 GOR is designed to be re-extended every few years, not for a period beginning that specific year, but rather down the road. In other words, they extend it in 2012 for the period of 2016-2020 or something to that effect, with this process repeating every so often. So basically, if it's not extended at a certain point or someone votes against it, everyone knows that school is the one on their way out, and there would still be a GOR for the next 3-5 years or however long it would be. This means the conference taking the new team would either have a financially worthless member for a certain number of years, or would have to wait out that period of time, in which everyone knows that team is looking to leave, during which there'd likely be lawsuits galore, and all sorts of public garbage. I think if a conference is going to go after a GOR-signed school, they're going to have to challenge the GOR itself in court as opposed to simply waiting it out.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Certainly it won't be a senior citizen waiting it out. Delany is 50/50 to be alive when the Big 12 GOR runs out. There is almost no chance he is running the league.

Reaction Score
This is what I'm hearing as well

That Delany is devilish. That speech about wanting flagship state universities in contiguous states was a clever ruse to hide his interest in a non-contiguous private school and a public school 400 miles from a B1G border that is a very distant 2nd in its home state.

Reactions: caw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104