The Don Rickles of The WNBA | The Boneyard

The Don Rickles of The WNBA

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Why who else? DT just makes me smile. Hadn't seen this and it's worth a visit. Who knows, maybe our visitor will see it? Watch poor Bonner when DT addresses her technical.

For whatever reason the addresskeepsget screwed up, just leaving the still pix????

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
While we (?) are on the subject I just found something on Diana that I knew existed but could never find. How many threads have been devoted in part to DT as coach? A lot right? This, mind you, is a while ago when DT had just finished her Rookie of the Year WNBA season. But she sounds genuine and I'm a believer:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
What we REALLY need is a future cable TV blockbuster, The DT & Geno Hour.

The set would be easy:

Reaction Score
My sense of humor might be lacking, but I never cared for Rickles "humor". Good natured ribbing can be funny, and fun, but Rickles steady stream of rapid fire insults goes way beyond that. I like to think that Diana is better than that.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I really did not expect this timeline. Hope this is a good moveand everything is fine for her.
Yeah I was expecting 2nd week of July at the earliest. Was holding off going to any Mercury games until then, now planning to go to the game Sunday afternoon. I do hope she’s not rushing it though. She says the back is good, she’s just working on her conditioning... ?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
We're going to the Liberty game in Phoenix July 5th - not that we really have any loyalty to the Lib anymore, but we had season tix for about 10 years when we lived back east.

Will be really happy if DT is playing, I didn't really expect it. I must say I really like a lot of the players on the Mercury (which we consider our team now), but I'll be honest and admit that we have watched only one game on TV. The W just isn't doing it for us, although we have always enjoyed the game experience.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Yeah I was expecting 2nd week of July at the earliest. Was holding off going to any Mercury games until then, now planning to go to the game Sunday afternoon. I do hope she’s not rushing it though. She says the back is good, she’s just working on her conditioning... ?

I hope Sue gives her a good talking to about comingout if she's tired. Tired is vulnerable to reinjury. 1 more Olypics for the dynamic duo!

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
During a sports radio interview with former AZ Cardinals DE Darnell Dockett (who was 6-4, 290 pounds), Dockett, he stated he could beat Taurasi one-on-one. The sports radio crew had Taurasi on to respond to his comments. She stated, "I heard what Double D said...and let me tell you, he has a pair of Double Ds." The crew burst out in hysterical laughter.

As an aside, this was one of my all-time favorite interviews with Diana Taurasi -- The Grantland Basketball Hour: Diana Taurasi (circa 2015, with Bill Simmons and Jalen Rose). The interview reveals Simmons' respect for Taurasi (he has not been known to be the biggest WBB supporter over the years), but also shows Taurasi's sense of humor, her ability to be "just one of the guys" in the world of men's sports journalism to command respect, and her TREMENDOUS knowledge of Xs and Os of the game of basketball.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
During a sports radio interview with former AZ Cardinals DE Darnell Dockett (who was 6-4, 290 pounds), Dockett, he stated he could beat Taurasi one-on-one. The sports radio crew had Taurasi on to respond to his comments. She stated, "I heard what Double D said...and let me tell you, he has a pair of Double Ds." The crew burst out in hysterical laughter.

As an aside, this was one of my all-time favorite interviews with Diana Taurasi -- The Grantland Basketball Hour: Diana Taurasi (circa 2015, with Bill Simmons and Jalen Rose). The interview reveals Simmons' respect for Taurasi (he has not been known to be the biggest WBB supporter over the years), but also shows Taurasi's sense of humor, her ability to be "just one of the guys" in the world of men's sports journalism to command respect, and her TREMENDOUS knowledge of Xs and Os of the game of basketball.

Yes, @CamrnCrz1974 the Grantland was pretty cool. The respect shown to her and her opinions, her knowledge of what goes on on the floor, and the great way the three of them interacted were very special; but that is DT, the GOAT. Every once in a while I go back and listen to it. I wish they'd do another.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
DT, Nneka and Chiney will have roles in the Space Jam 2 movie, along with LeBron, Anthony Davis, Damian Lillard, Klay Thompson and Chris Paul. Starts filming this summer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom