The disappointment | The Boneyard

The disappointment

Reaction Score
WE are strong at Guard.

I think many here we miss the overall scale of CBB; but, we truly have 4 kids that are darn good guards. Only Vital - to me - feels like he can really raise his 3FG% 4-6points; there's your offensive improvement factor. The others are good.

Last night, given a longtime UConn watcher's view, none of the four (or even a good combination) were pointed towards cutting off Winston. And WE have had a Ricky Moore and a Ryan Boatwright defensive superlative that we have seen that done. Alterique (but with waves of others) should have been pointed towards the microwave. Stop that kid.

We will win a lot of games this year because we have four solid guards.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We will a lot of games this year because we have four solid guards.
I agree. But they will struggle against better teams because they're so one dimensional and easy to defend.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I agree. But they will struggle against better teams because they're so one dimensional and easy to defend.

Somehow, they are going to have to model 2014 to mask that deficiency. No real inside presence, so most of the time, they went with DD as a stretch 4. Maybe Larrier can do that. But they have no Giffey, and no Bazz. So 2014 lite. Gonna be interesting.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The problem is all 4 are similar. You get revolution of going with the hot hand but if the opponent can stop one they can stop them all.

Need other ways to score. This team will live or die on it's defense and driving to the hoop. It will win when it knocks down 3's.

Reaction Score
I just wanna see how the new S&C bulk these boys up in the offseason .. hopefully JA comes back

Reaction Score
The problem is all 4 are similar. You get revolution of going with the hot hand but if the opponent can stop one they can stop them all.

Need other ways to score. This team will live or die on it's defense and driving to the hoop. It will win when it knocks down 3's.
Gilbert, Adams, Vital, and Larrier are the four you're talking about? Not sure how you can say those four are similar players. I'm not even sure any two of them are similar players.

Reaction Score
Gilbert, Adams, Vital, and Larrier are the four you're talking about? Not sure how you can say those four are similar players. I'm not even sure any two of them are similar players.

I'd imagine Anderson is the fourth.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom