Reaction Score
Screenshots_2017-03-06-23-18-37.png

'Nuff said

Don't cry for me, Waco

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score

Come on now, Kim would NEVER wear that.

Definitely not bright enough and definitely not gold enough and definitely not gaudy enough
428_1.jpg

Now this is something that hangs in her closet

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Geno >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kim. I find it amusing when Kim throws a hissy fit and acts like someone has stabbed her a thousand times then poured alcohol on her but get tired of her schtick, too. You never see such histrionics from Geno.

CBear01

Reaction Score
I never thought she was a good coach after only winning one nc with Griner on the team.

It's a shame...Griner was worth at least 3 national championships

You're right, not a good coach but a good motivator (in a good way tho? Idk) and always seems to have the emotion her team wants out of her

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
ok. Thread went a little of the rails :confused: but to get back on track, as much as it pains me to say, at least Kim Mulkey can diagnose
a problem and is not afraid to force players to be accountable. She is also able to adjust in game and when she went into the 2-3 zone, WV was a mess and if the game went 5 minutes longer, they may have pulled it out.

She is a good coach, they have a good and sustaining program and they are a real threat. They will learn from the last game.
Just keeping it real.

Reaction Score
It's a shame...Griner was worth at least 3 national championships

You're right, not a good coach but a good motivator (in a good way tho? Idk) and always seems to have the emotion her team wants out of her
Griner took time to develop and Baylor got jobbed (should have won anyway, so they can't whine) against Louisville her senior year....

Reaction Score
Griner took time to develop and Baylor got jobbed (should have won anyway, so they can't whine) against Louisville her senior year....
Good chance that had Baylor advanced, there would not have been a 4-peat.

Reaction Score
There's no doubt in my mind that griner wins 4 NCs if she was at uconn. All they had to do last night was keep feeding the post the ball and they would've won the game.

Reaction Score
Mulkey is a lights-out recruiter. She recognizes the necessity of quality depth of talent to sustain her program's success. Also hard to argue with a .841 winning percentage - tied with Summitt for 3rd highest all-time - behind only Auriemma & Barmore.

CBear01

Reaction Score

I'm inclined to agree. But thats on Kim as a coach to get here there and where she needed to be in order to be a threat in more than just her uperclassmen years. And on paper, Baylor should have won that game...but they played into their own destiny. Again, Kim had no way to pull them out of that mess Louisville was making out of them. Kim had no answer for a team that was making their shots.

So I guess we've been knabbed of a few championships ourselves...we couldn't get it done in 2001 (and could have ourselves a second 5-peat!) And we lost in the national semifinals just a tad more than a handful of games that didn't go our way.

Long story short, kinda wish someone other than Kim had an oportunity to coach Griner to pull put her potential. Oh wait...Geno did! And she was fantastic in the Olympics as was every other player Geno put out on that international floor =D

Reaction Score
I'm inclined to agree. But thats on Kim as a coach to get here there and where she needed to be in order to be a threat in more than just her uperclassmen years. And on paper, Baylor should have won that game...but they played into their own destiny. Again, Kim had no way to pull them out of that mess Louisville was making out of them. Kim had no answer for a team that was making their shots.

So I guess we've been knabbed of a few championships ourselves...we couldn't get it done in 2001 (and could have ourselves a second 5-peat!) And we lost in the national semifinals just a tad more than a handful of games that didn't go our way.

Long story short, kinda wish someone other than Kim had an oportunity to coach Griner to pull put her potential. Oh wait...Geno did! And she was fantastic in the Olympics as was every other player Geno put out on that international floor =D
I agree. And, perhaps reading too much into it, but I thought Griner at the Olympics was wistful talking about her being coached by Geno, as if she, too, felt things might have been different for her had she gone to UConn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom