The defense needs to die with their boots on. | The Boneyard

The defense needs to die with their boots on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This passive sit back and get chewed to pieces stuff has turned them into the softest group I have see since we went 1A. They don't even attack to tackle.

Hughes should -AT THE VERY LEAST- coach them to be aggressive and attack even if they get beat. Dish out some punishment. Be men.

Reaction Score
They blitzed on several occasions today and got burned every time.

Not really. (And I agree there has to be a happy medium in regards to blitzing). The play at the goal line, the blitz was perfect, and Stewart whiffed. Ashiru blitzed another time, causing a hurry and incompletion.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
They blitzed on several occasions today and got burned every time.

This^^^

They blitzed an incredible amount of times in the first quarter (almost as if HH was reading the BY too much), and we got burned every single time. Every one of them. Two of their first three touchdowns were on the blitz.

But I've lost the strength and will to argue with people on the BY about it anymore. Mostly because people don't change their viewpoints based on the data, but also because there is so much wrong with the team that arguing about one piece of it seems senseless now. I'll just continue to go to the games, continue to support the team, and continue to hope for further growth from the young players...

Reaction Score
Hughes defense has been garbage the past two weeks, anyone who thinks otherwise is blind.

I asked this in another thread, name one returning defensive starter who has improved this season?

I'll sit back and wait.

Reaction Score
Hughes defense has been garbage the past two weeks, anyone who thinks otherwise is blind.

I asked this in another thread, name one returning defensive starter who has improved?

I'll sit back and wait.

^^^^^^^ This

Reaction Score
How about the whole year... I'm watching BC play and oh how bad I want D. Brown to come back :eek:

Reaction Score
I asked this in another thread, name one returning defensive starter who has improved this season?

I'll sit back and wait.

Shamar Stephen - our interior defensive line hasn't been our biggest problem. It's the edge.

Reaction Score
The players don't even have confidence in Hughes. Looking forward to next season, already.

Reaction Score
Shamar Stephen - our interior defensive line hasn't been our biggest problem. It's the edge.

Our interior line play is significantly worse then last year. They aren't generating much pressure at all, and hardly any tackles in the backfield.

Shamar was injured most of last season, I guess he has improved by not being injured this year. But compare what he is doing this year to what Wirth did last year, Stephen isn't nearly as productive as Wirth, and I think it is coaching.

Reaction Score
Our interior line play is significantly worse then last year. They aren't generating much pressure at all, and hardly any tackles in the backfield.

Shamar was injured most of last season, I guess he has improved by not being injured this year. But compare what he is doing this year to what Wirth did last year, Stephen isn't nearly as productive as Wirth, and I think it is coaching.

He was injured the first three or four games of the year and was often on the field @ the same time as Wirth? I agree that Wirth was under-rated but I think Stephen is better this year than he was last year which was your question. Not arguing whether it was because of Brown/Hughes or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom