The Deepster's Report Card for BU | The Boneyard

The Deepster's Report Card for BU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
TR A+

================================================================================
Disagree on KO. I give him a C for that one. It wasn't pretty by a long shot, but he can't make shots for JA, RP or VJ. The best he can do is put them in position to succeed, which I thought he did last night. The shooting was simply horrendous.

I'd flip AB and RP, too; and SE = C+ imo.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Guys. We beat Boston University by 2 pts on our home floor. C+? C? KO gets a big red F. AB and his 4 rebounds gets an F too.
But we're asking him to make a silk purse from a sow's ear at this point with only eight scholarship players. Given what he has to work with, I thought he came in with a good enough game plan, but to beat a zone you need to make shots and our three best remaining scoring options were a combined 5/30. What in the world is he supposed to do about that?

Defense was improved. Not great, but improved.

And I liked the foul call up three at the end. You don't see a lot of coaches willing to do that. He played the odds and it worked.

Reaction Score
Agree and now suddenly AB is a terrible FT shooter, I do love it when he goes nuts getting a block on a 6-6 kid

Guys. We beat Boston University by 2 pts on our home floor. C+? C? KO gets a big red F. AB and his 4 rebounds gets an F too.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
No way an F for KO. I'm not sold on KO, but really. His best scorer is out for the year. His best ball handling guard is out for the year. He is often playing two freshmen and two sophs.

BU can score but we defended the perimeter as well as any recent game. On O, last time I looked, the idea is to get the ball in the right hands in the right position as often as possible. That happened last night. I don't know a coach in history who can will a shot into the hoop. Even JA wasn't plsying lousy, he was shooting lousy. Big difference

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

sure why not?

We lost twice on campus at GMPL to NE and WGNR. Winning in the HTFD morgue even by only 2 is quite an accomplishment for KO, GM and Co.

Reaction Score
Vital and Purvis are like inverse images of each other.

Purvis is all sizzle no steak. All the skills in the world but the world's most fragile and streaky confidence.

Vital is all steak no sizzle. Doesn't look like much, but he grinds it out, plays with toughness and confidence, and is bold. I like him alot. Doesn't F around.

Reaction Score
I'm going to be generous and give Adams, Purvis and Ollie all , although you could make the argument for F-'s but at least we won. I guess.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Vital and Purvis are like inverse images of each other.

Purvis is all sizzle no steak. All the skills in the world but the world's most fragile and streaky confidence.

Vital is all steak no sizzle. Doesn't look like much, but he grinds it out, plays with toughness and confidence, and is bold. I like him alot. Doesn't F around.
Taylor Rooks seemed to like what she saw of Vital, too.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
I give Ollie an A for BU game.
First he started Vital over Vance who would have been my choice.
He clearly worked on feeding the interior non-players for this game.
He created an inbound play for Jackson in the final minute.
He fouled BU, not letting them get off a three in final minute.
He reinserted his bigs.
He didn't strangle Purvis.
He didn't take his 3.5 million and run off with Taylor Rooks.

Reaction Score
I give Ollie an A for BU game.
First he started Vital over Vance who would have been my choice.
He clearly worked on feeding the interior non-players for this game.
He created an inbound play for Jackson in the final minute.
He fouled BU, not letting them get off a three in final minute.
He reinserted his bigs.
He didn't strangle Purvis.
He didn't take his 3.5 million and run off with Taylor Rooks.

Also, the attacking of the zone in the first half was pretty good. Good movement in the right places. Ollie had a good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom