Not open for further replies.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
I wanted that triple for him as well!

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Great game, he dominated the action for most of the time he was in there!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I hate speculating on what goes on in a player's head, but it really looks like not having Brimah as a safety net hurt DHam. The last two games, he's been much better. Whatever the reason is, if he's out of this slump, we're really good.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Welcome back D-Hammm...long overdue and no surprise that his return to form coincided with arguably our best performance of the season. We seemed to have wetahered the storm of a Brimah injury and a D-Ham slump, now it's time for take off

Reaction Score
Brimah helps him so much. Obviously the lobs are eye-catching, but there's a reason the paint is empty enough for DHam to get his shot off now. With Amida healthy and lurking on the baseline, opposing bigs can't come and clog down DHam on the drive. If they do, it's a lob. If they don't, he takes 8-foot floaters all day.

When there was no lob threat the bigs would just meet DHam in the lane.

It's something for Enoch to watch tape on and understand.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Now let's hope he can keep it up in the 2nd half
Now can we put that silly stat of "we are 9 and 0 when Daniel...." or at least start a new stat we are 1 and 0 in the month of Februry 2016 when Daniel takes at least 15 shots gets 13 or more assists and...

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
It looked to me that he shot the ball a little differently on his 3's....higher release and more arc.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
None of these top echelon teams are going to want us in their bracket come March that's for damn sure

Sorry, but I doubt too many teams are spending too much time worrying about facing UConn in the tournament.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
They don't have to. They will be witnesses. This team looks like it is starting to peak. Just hope its not too early.

The problem is we see these posts several times each year.

String a couple of wins together after a wtf loss, and we get these, "everything is falling into place" posts. If it's anywhere near March, "they're peaking at just the right time."

My guess is there will be another crappy loss that puts many on the ledge, and then a couple good wins hoping we're on the right side of the bubble.

Last edited:

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
The problem is we see these posts a several times each year.

String a couple of wins together after a wtf loss, and we get these, "everything is falling into place" posts. If it's anywhere near March, "they're peaking at just the right time."

My guess is there will be another crappy loss that puts many on the ledge, and then a couple good wins hoping we're on the right side of the bubble.
I agree this happens, but I don't think this is the case this time. I posted in a couple places before the game last night (spread threat/haikus) that I was expecting a blowout win, and we got it. There are a few things happening simultaneously here that are causing the chemical reaction.

1) Amida's back and his presence has reinstated our depth in the frontcourt allowing us to play the correct matchups, protect miller so we can exploit him on the offensive end and frost the defensive cake we've been baking on the perimeter since we lost him. We now can say our defense toughed up without him with confidence. The lob threat has also...

2) Given Dham the space he needed to become the pivot point of the offense again. And this is becoming increasingly effective because

3) You can't help off of Jalen who is becoming a multi threat weapon in his own right.

We simply haven't been anywhere close to our top gear as a team this year but over the last 2 games we've seen all of the parts playing towards the height of their potential and within their roles. Purvis attacking in transition, Miller in the post, Jalen off the dribble, D ham slashing in the lane, Amida flushing lobs. We're geling, you can see it.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
We simply haven't been anywhere close to our top gear as a team this year but over the last 2 games we've seen all of the parts playing towards the height of their potential and within their roles. Purvis attacking in transition, Miller in the post, Jalen off the dribble, D ham slashing in the lane, Amida flushing lobs. We're geling, you can see it.

Its definately encouraging. The roles are better defined and the team is getting there: JA playing more PG with Gibbs off the ball, Purvis off the bench, SM getting more touches down low, DH and JA creating for others, Brimah back in his defensive spot, and Enoch developing.

Reaction Score
Sorry, but I doubt too many teams are spending too much time worrying about facing UConn in the tournament.

Were still a dangerous team where our record does not accurately reflect how good we are and can be down the road. (We haven't been blown out yet with a number of very close losses and Amida gone for 11 games)

Amida back makes a world of difference and everyone has instilled great defensive habits while he was gone.

You honestly think if we land an 8 or 9 seed, which is where were projected to land as of right now, that any of these 1 seeds are not going to feel they got the short end of the stick when the brackets come out? I know there is a lot of parody in college basketball to begin with, but we're definitely going to be one of, if not the best sleeper team come March just like 2014 IMO.

We'll see if your WTF loss happens in the next couple of weeks, but right now I wouldn't side with the debbie downers and realize we've won our last 2 conference games AWAY by a combined 46 pts....

Reaction Score
The problem is we see these posts a several times each year.

i think yor wrong, if and when we lose it will be to either Cinn or Smu.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Yeah, the offense is starting to round into shape. Things are clicking into place for Jalen and DHam's got his safety net back in Brimah. That, coupled with our defenses, may just be enough to make a run.

Reaction Score
Brimah helps him so much. Obviously the lobs are eye-catching, but there's a reason the paint is empty enough for DHam to get his shot off now. With Amida healthy and lurking on the baseline, opposing bigs can't come and clog down DHam on the drive. If they do, it's a lob. If they don't, he takes 8-foot floaters all day.

When there was no lob threat the bigs would just meet DHam in the lane.

It's something for Enoch to watch tape on and understand.
Absolutely, you are so right about this.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
DHam looked like he never lost a beat. To me he looked very comfortable and smooth. Amazing. Sadly these 9 pm games don't agree with me much anymore. Plus the refs prolonged the game with their damn whistles. Half time down one I said" here we go again".
Glad I stuck it out. What a second half. Don't know what happened in the locker room but hope it's part of the play book from on out.

Reaction Score
Memphis looked bad but the UC team defensive pressure throughout was relentless.

It may not only be Brimah's physical presence which makes a difference on the floor, but more so his persona which at times is encouraging and uplifting. What a great kid.

Cheers to the return of Huskies for at least the one great game on the road.....this was certainly a "see what happens when you mess with the hungry huskies" evening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom